Count Me In

Chapter 46: Count Me In

"What's going on?" I asked a Slytherin student

Draco walk beside me. "Yeah, what is going on?"

"It's Professor Trelawney," she replied.

I turned then saw the scene.

Oh please no.

"Sixteen years," Trelawney sobbed. "Sixteen years I taught. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this."

Umbridge faked a pity smile. "Oh," she then showed her a slip. "Actually, I can."

Then Professor McGonagall went to Trelawney then hugged her.

"Do you like something to say, dear?"
Umbridge asked her.

"Oh, I have several things I like to say."
Professor McGonagall replied.

Then Dumbledore entered the scene.
"Professor McGonagall, may I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" Dumbledore asked

She nodded then escort Trelawney inside, leaving him and Umbridge alone.

"Dumbledore," Umbridge's annoying voice started. "May I remind you that under terms of education degree no. 23-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers, but you do not have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster." Dumbledore said.

Umbridge smiled wickedly. "For now."

Dumbledore backed away then turned to all of us. "You all have studying to do," he said, making us walked back to our classrooms.

———

"Did you see Dumbledore's face after what Umbridge said?" I asked Draco.

"I did," he said. "And it's getting suspicious."

"Why would he be worrying?" I walked to the Slytherin table then sat down next to him.

"He's like the greatest wizard here. No one could ever replace him." I said.

"Couldn't agree more." He said then smirked.
"Imagine Umbridge as headmaster." He said.
I cringed. "Eww! No way! She can ruin my
favourite subject, but not my favourite school!"
I said, making Draco laugh.

Then a hand held my shoulder, making me turn. "Hermione?" I said.

Draco turned. "Granger."

"Mind if I borrow Y/N for a sec? It won't be long." She told Draco.

"Why do you need her?" Draco asked.

"It would be for a while, Malfoy. It's important anyway. You'll have her back in a heartbeat." She said then grabbed me towards Harry and Ron.

"Okay?" I said then let go. "What do you need me for?"

"You know how Umbridge is, right?" Ron said.

"Yes?" I said.

"And how terrible she is?" Harry said.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course. I bet she's worse then the Dark Lord."

"Well, I guess Hermione likes her," Ron looked at Hermione who has a scowl on her face.

"Right, 'Mione?" Ron teased her.

She scoffed. "You wish. She's a nightmare and she's stupid."

"I agree," I piped in. "No spells? Now that's just barbaric!"

"That's why," Harry gave me a parchment and a quill. "We're making this group called Dumbledore's Army. I will be the one to teach students spells. We would like to have you there since you're so powerful. That is, if you want to."

Dumbledore's Army?

Sure. Why not?

I signed my name on the bottom of the parchment. "Sure," I smiled. "Count me in."

I'm feeling ill today 🤒