Who Knew That A Kidnapping Could Be A Team Building Activity?

I was supposed to be going to meet Booth to talk about the new case. Booth had just answered the intercom when I was grabbed from behind. 
"Booth?" His voice came out of the intercom thingy. 
"Booth!" I yelled and the person slapped a hand over my mouth. 
"I wonder how well your knees healed." The man said. I tensed and he tossed me into a van. Before the door closed, I saw Booth's face. The door snapped closed and I scrambled back to the other side of the van. 
"Alright. Listen here. You don't have to tell me anything about yourself, about the case. Nothing. You don't even need to speak. It would be nice if you do, but let's get one thing straight. I'm not going to hurt you. Okay? I just need to get a message across to doctor Brennan and Agent Booth. No harm is going to come to you." The man who grabbed me said. I leaned away from him and watched him. 
"Untrusting, that's okay." He said. The rest of the ride was quiet. Every time I tried to look out of the windshield, I would receive a stern no and I'd look back down at my hands. 

It was easily a couple of hours later when the van stopped. The door opened and the guy did a pose like he was telling me to go first. 
"After you." He said with a smile. I was about to get out, curious of what he was planning when the door behind me flew opened and someone grabbed and yanked me out of the van and onto the ground. 
"You stupid son of a bitch! I told you not to hurt him!" The man's voice boomed and I jumped a little. 
"He was being slow." The man who pulled me out said and kicked me in the ribs. I had rolled enough that only his ankle hit me. 
"I don't give a fuck! I told you not to hurt him! The FBI is coming for him, you dimwit!" The first man yelled. I chuckled a little. 
"Dimwit? That's all you have?" I asked, starting to get up. The man reared back to kick at me again and I just looked up at him. 
"First thing that came to mind when I remembered there is a child among us." He said, reaching a hand down. I ignored the hand and got up. 
"There are children here?" I asked looking around. 
"I meant you kiddo." I sighed and accepted that he thinks I'm classified as a kid

I spent an hour or two ignoring the much larger men and I looked around. I was just wandering around, mentally blaring Hot Blooded by Foreigner, when I got punched in the chest. I grabbed my chest. 
"Ouch! What the fuck?" I barked. The doors burst open and the person grabbed me, spun me and my back hit his chest. 
"FBI! Everyone on the ground!" Someone yelled. There were no shots and I was going to try to run from him when he grabbed my throat and pressed a gun to the side of my head. I froze and my eyes met Brennan's. 
"Booth!" She called and Booth came to stand beside her. 
"Put the gun down!" Booth yelled raising his. I gulped. 
"You first FBI man." He said. 
"That's not how this works. You have one of my men in your grip." Booth said. The man's grip on my throat tightened. I clawed at his hand and when that didn't work, I elbowed him hard in the side. He growled and threw me into the wall. I couldn't get my arms up fast enough and my face connected with the brick wall. I stumbled back from the wall and shook my head. My vision blurred and my legs gave out. I landed on the ground and blacked out. 

"-wen, are you with us?" A female's voice asked. 
"Come on kid. This isn't how this ends. Wake up, I need more of your mum's cookies!" Booth's voice said. 
"They're amazing right?" I asked. 
"Ah-ha! There we are kid. Welcome back to the land of the living." Booth's voice said. I tried to open my eyes. 
"Don't open your eyes, there's a very bright light that might cause damage." Brennan's voice said. 
"Okay." I responded and relaxed. 
"That wall really did a number on you." Temperance said. 
"Yeah. It must have. How long have I been out?" I asked. 
"Six or seven hours." She answered. 
"You tried to die three times in those hours." Booth said. 
"Anybody call my mum?" I asked. 
"We don't have her phone number." Temperance said. 
"Right. Can you get my phone?" I asked. 
"Yeah." Booth said. 
"Do you have it?" I asked. 
"I do." 
"Alright." I said and relayed her number for him. She answered and Booth started talking. I fell asleep. 

"He's back." Someone said with a sigh of relief. 
"My baby! Is he going to be okay?" My mother's voice asked. I felt her hand on mine and I turned my hand over and held her's. 
"He should be fine. We do need to keep an eye on him for a while longer." The person, who I'm assuming to be either the doctor or a nurse said. 
"Okay." My mother said. 
"Is the light gone?" I asked. 
"It is." Brennan said. I opened my eyes and saw Brennan on my left and my mother on my right. My eyes met my mum's and she started to cry. I sat up. 
"Awe momma, don't cry. I'm okay." I said hugging her. 
"Be careful!" Brennan said putting a hand on my back. 
"I'm okay Brennan." I said looking at her. 
"The amount of times you tried to die in the last nine hours dictates otherwise." She said, leaning back. 
"Alright, maybe I'm not as okay as I feel but I have y'all here." I said hugging my mum closer. 

When my mum stopped crying, Booth and Daniel walked in together. They both had food in their hands. 
"He's back." Brennan said. 
"You really had me worried kid. I really thought you were going to quit on us a couple times." Booth said as he came in. 
"I'm going to kill the man who did this to you Pipes." Daniel said. 
"You best not repeat that. There's an FBI agent and a forensic anthropologist with the Jeffersonian in here." I warned with a little smile. 
"Right, if he turns up dead I swear to god I didn't do it." Daniel said putting his hands up. 
"Don't worry. If he turns up dead it was probably me." Booth said sitting in a chair beside Brennan. 
"It best not be." I said looking at Booth. 
"That man made your brain bleed and he left a handprint on your neck Piper. It's going to be one of us." Daniel said looking at me. 
"Or instead of the manly men doing it, you could let the forensic anthropologist and his mother do it?" Brennan said looking at the two men. 
"Oo, that's a good idea." My mother said. I gasped. 
"Mama!" I said looking at her. She shrugged. 
"He hurt my baby." She said. 

We sat around and talked for a while and the doctor came in every half hour. Apparently, I had a minor brain bleed caused by the impact of my head hitting the wall. 

Over the time that we spent together, I feel like we got closer. All of us. It was kind of nice. They got kicked out by the nurses and I was left alone after a goodbye-for-now kiss from my mother. I laid back and closed my eyes. 

"Sir! You can't be in here. Visiting hours are closed!" Someone whisper yelled. 
"FBI. I'm staying." A familiar voice answered her, as well as the noise of someone sitting in one of the chairs. The first woman sighed. 
"Fine. He seems to do better with company anyway. Tell me if anything so much as the speed of his breathing changes." The woman said. 
"We will." Another familiar voice said. The first voice was male, I assume Booth, and the second was female which means Brennan came too. There was the sound of someone walking away and someone pacing. Booth.
"Booth, sit down." Brennan said. 
"I can't Bones. I don't like him being in the hospital. I can handle me in the hospital but the thought of either of you in the hospital makes me nervous." Booth said. His voice was just above a whisper. 
"He's going to be fine. He's strong." 
"I know, but he's just a kid. Hasn't experienced a lot of things life can offer. He's my responsibility and I let this happen. It's the same feeling I got when Parker ended up in the hospital with the flu." Booth said. 
"Booth. You didn't let this happen. It's nothing that you could have predicted." 
"I know but he could have died, Bones. I didn't find him faster." 
"No, you couldn't find him faster. They drove fast and they went right through where there was no signal. You have no control over what others do." Brennan said calmly. She's usually the calm voice of reason. 
"I know that Bones. But you know how you felt when I told you he was gone. That panic. That's how I felt when Parker got kidnapped." Booth said. Booth has a kid of his own. Parker and I are pretty close. 
"Does this make us his work parents?" Brennan asked. 
"I don't know." Booth said. There was something different in his voice. Something, fond I guess. It sounded the same as when someone talks about something they care about, like a pet or a child. 
"I'd say it does." Brennan said. 
"And you said that you don't want kids." Booth said. A little smile tugged at the corners of my mouth and I faded to sleep again.