Power Outages

"Why are we doing this?" I asked. 
"Because these are vintage. And I know they're from before your times but these. These are amazing." Booth said as he, Brennan and Sweets struggled with the arena seats. Like the ones in a hockey arena. Those ones. 
"Do you want me to help?" I asked. 
"No. You might hurt yourself." Sweets said. I sighed and watched as they got it in the elevator. 
"Alright kid. Come in here and help us lean in against the corner." Booth said. He's taken to calling me kid, or kiddo, or Pipes, or Bowen. The last one doesn't bother me. None of them really bother me. I slipped in the elevator passed Brennan and helped them. The elevator door closed and started moving. 
"I-I didn't agree to this." I said looking at Booth. 
"Why do you look so panicked?" He asked. 
"It's a small space and what if the power goes ou-" 
"Shhh, don't jinks us." Booth said and just like that, the elevator stopped. 
"Oh god." I said and pressed myself into the back corner behind the chairs. 
"Uh guys? The lights went out." Sweets called. 
"We know Sweets." Brennan said calmly. I closed my eyes and tried to breathe. 
"We'll be fine Piper." Booth said. 
"Piper. Piper look at me." Sweets said. I looked at him. "Good. Now, I know that this is scary but it'll be okay, alright. Booth is with you. Brennan is with you. It will be okay. You're safe." Sweets said looking me in the eye. My breathing calmed down but thoughts of the elevator is going to crash down at any second and that someone who is bad news is going to come through and hurt us raced through my mind. 
"B-but if someone comes then what about you? Don't bad people use these kinds of events to do bad things all the time?" I asked. 
"I'm not going to let anything happen to anyone." Booth said. 
"But you're stuck in here and there's nothing to protect ourselves with or hide behind and there's nowhere to go and if someone comes in then where does Sweets go?" I asked. I could hear my voice shaking. 
"Listen to me Piper." Booth said sternly. I looked at him. "I have my gun and lots of bullets. If anyone comes in here to hurt us. I'll make them look like swiss cheese before I let them touch any of you okay?" He said. I nodded and sunk down to sit on the floor in the corner. Brennan came to sit next to me. 

"The power just went out. No one is going to come in here. It's way too cold to be outside anyway. You don't need to worry about anyone of us being hurt." She said calmly. I pulled my knees up to my chest and leaned on her. 
"I know that it's irrational but it's the what-ifs you know?" I said quietly. 
"It's completely rational. I can't promise anything but the probability of anything bad happening are very low." She said, "especially with Booth here." 
"I know." I whispered. 
"Are you cold at all?" She asked. I nodded. 
"Sweets. Here are my keys, go upstairs into the closet in my room and get him a sweater." Booth said giving Sweets his keys. 
"Okay. I'll be right back." Sweets said and I let my head rest on her shoulder and I calmed down. 

Sweets came back and had a few sweaters and he tossed them in. 
"I got three sweaters." He said and Booth threw a grey hoodie at me and I put it on. Brennan put one on too and so did Booth. 

They talked about the case and Booth paced the whole two steps that he could and I stayed sitting with Brennan. I was playing with my hands. 
"You alright Piper?" Booth asked. I yawned and nodded. 
"Good." Brennan said. 

They kept talking and I fell asleep. 

The snow blew past the windows and there were footsteps everywhere. They were heavier and they echoed. My chest got tighter and my breath sped up. There were muffled voices coming from all directions. I couldn't make out what they were saing and I noticed that I was tied to a chair. In the darkness, I could see shadows moving around with no pattern, no rhythm and no real destinations. It was just chaos in the darkness. Tears started to roll down my cheeks. 
"-iper. Piper! You're okay Piper." Sweet's calm voice ecohed. It sounded distant but growing closer. 
"Sweets?" I whispered, looking around. 
"Piper." His voice replied. 

"Sweets!" I said and woke with a jolt. I was instantly wrapped in a hug. 
"You had us worried." Breannan said quietly. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. They had gotten the seats out of the elevator and both Booth and Sweets were watching. I was still curled in the corner. 
"Do you remember what you were dreaming about?" Sweets asked quietly. I shook my head. 
"Don't hammer him with questions Sweets. Just leave him for a minute." Booth said looking at Sweets. Brennan helped me stand and we went to Booth's apartment. Breannan went forward with Booth and Sweets stayed back a little with me. 

"I'm sorry for asking right away." He said sincerely. 
"I-it's o-okay." I said looking at the floor. 
"No, it's not. It was too much. I'm sorry." Sweets said. I didn't reply but we went and hung out at Booth's. 

A/N: I'm sorry that 1, I haven't updated in ages and 2, that Piper is always falling asleep. I'm going to look for full episodes and such on YouTube so then they can be longer and more entertaining. And sue me but I didn't really like Lance and Daisy's relationship so be ready for Lancer. Hehe.