The Twist in the Twister

Wicked Time Skip... Don't hate me, please

This morning started the same as every other. My alarm scaring the crap out of me, breakfast with my mum because lord knows Danny isn't getting up anytime soon and a good morning text from Lance. Talking with Lance makes every day start out better. Not to be cheesy but yeah. 

We had talked for a little and then I showered and got dressed and met Lance out front. Booth pitched a little fit about not picking me up in the morning because he thought I was getting a cab and then I explained that it was just Sweets. I got in the car and smiled at Sweets. 

"Good morning my dear," He said. 
"Good morning. I wonder what the joyous wonders of murder will bring to us today," I said and put my seatbelt on. 
"Like the days past and the days yet to come, it shall be a surprise," Lance said and I laughed a little. We held hands on the way to the bureau like we do every day that we go in together and when we pulled into the parking garage, we kissed in the car and walked to the door together. The door opened as Sweets reached for the handle and Booth came out. 

"Piper! Perfect, go get in the car," Booth said and I looked at Sweets and sighed as Booth kept walking. 
"As I said, it'll be a surprise," Lance said.
"Indeed it will," I replied and we kissed again quickly before going our separate ways. 
"I'll clock you in," Lance called after me. 
"Thank you!" I called back and I got in the SUV. Brennan was already waiting. 

We pulled into a campground with some ridiculous name. I helped Brennan onto the ground and got out a notebook to take quick notes. Booth always says that I should've joined the military with my ability to take quick clean notes and then every time I bring it up he always says no like he can tell me how to live my life. Well, he can. I guess. Don't bully me. Moving on. Booth came over as I was writing that the victim had a very obvious stick to the chest. 

"Woah, what are you doing?" He asked. 
"I find this the easiest position in which to observe the remains," Brennan replied. 
"Let me get you a chair."  he said to Bren, "Can someone get a chair?" Booth called out. 
"No, I don't need a chair. I'm pregnant, not sick. Pelvis suggests male, dentition wear indicates early thirties, in addition to the obvious stab wound to the chest there are a tremendous amount of wounds including multiple compound fractures." She said and I wrote about the teeth and gender. 
"The dude was pounded on before he got stabbed. Are you sure that you're okay? You don't look very comfortable," Booth said. 
"Now I never said that I was comfortable, I said I didn't need a chair. What did the camp director say?" 
"The property has been closed for months and I'm running backgrounds on all the employees. Why'd you let her get on the ground?" Booth asked looking at me. I put my hands up in surrender. 
"You're not about to catch me getting on a pregnant woman's bad side mon amis," I replied. I left them to their bickering and went to look around and ask other people what they found. I got to two people when... 

"Booth let go!" Brennan said. 
"You're going to hurt yourself let me help you up," Booth argued and they started rocking back and forth and let me tell you. I gagged and turned around. It's like walking in on your parents doing... it. 
"Do you know how bad that looks?" I called over my shoulder. Their voices stopped and I assumed so did their actions. 
"You know, staring at us isn't going to help solve the case so how about we all just get back to work here? Alright?" Booth said and I shuddered. I didn't want to see that. Not one bit. I get she's pregnant and he wanted to help but eww. Booth and I helped Brennan up and we went back to town. They took me to the office with them and I went to see Sweets. He was sitting at his desk doing paperwork and I went in quietly and shut the door behind me. He didn't notice me when I sat down on the couch. I got bored a few minutes later and decided to make myself known. 
"You could be dead you know that? You def bitch," I commented and he jumped. His eyes locked with mine and I laughed. He put his hand over his heart and smiled. 
"You scared me. How long have you been sitting there?" He asked. 
"Only a few minutes. But I could've been here to kill you and you wouldn't have seen it coming," I joked. 
"Hm, then I'm glad you can only kill people with kindness," He replied with a smile. I rolled my eyes with a smile. We sat in his office and talked while we waited for the Jeffersonian to get back to us about the victim. I'd probably be the last to hear but I'm alright with that. 

Hours later, I got a call from Brennan. 
"Hello?" I asked. 
"With the victim this morning it's likely that he got sucked into the tornadoes that went around about a month ago," She said happily. 
"Really? That's kind of cool actually," I said and looked at Sweets. The call is on speaker. 
"Yeah! Would you and Sweets be able to meet us in the conference room three in ten minutes?" She asked. 
"Yeah," I replied and she hung up the phone. Lance and I went over what we knew about the case and hugged for a minute before going to meet them. Booth said that he and Sweets were going to talk with the brother and I stayed with Brennan. After they talked to the brother, Brennan went to the Jeffersonian and Booth, Sweets and I went to North Carolina to go check out a motor home that fits the description of the victim's vehicle and I fell asleep about half an hour into the ride. 

I woke up and Booth was pulling into an Inn's driveway. 
"Where are we?" I asked. 
"Morning sunshine, we're finding Scott's rival to question her," Sweets said. 
"Oh, alright. I didn't mean to sleep the whole trip." 
"It's alright, wasn't anything too interesting," Booth said. He parked and they went to talk to a woman and I looked around for a murder weapon. That and the main goal was looking at the equipment. It's hecking windy out so I can assume that they're going looking for a- I happened to glance at the sky between the two vehicles I was looking at and moving too. I guess they found it. Now, I've seen the movie Twister enough times to know what's in the sky over there. 
"Beautiful isn't it?" A crew member asked as I stood there and watched as the funnel started coming down. It almost felt like everything started to go in slow motion. It was just going down, down, down and then the barn that was there went up. 
"Everybody to the shelter!" Booth yelled. I turned around and a piece of wood flew past my head and I ran to Lance and we went down into the storm cellar. I hugged Lance in a little bit of shock and then it hit me. I patted him excitedly on the back. 
"Yes Piper?" He asked. 
"That was a tornado!" I said with a smile and we let go of each other, "I've only ever seen the ones in Twister or on TV! That was a real tornado!" 
"I know, are you okay? No debris hit you?" He asked. I shook my head. Then, the cellar door opened and it revealed Brennan. 
"Bones?!" Booth shouted. 
"You lied to me!" She said out of breath. Booth helped her down and they sat on the top two steps and Sweets and I sat on the level under their feet. 
"How did you know where to find us?" Lance asked. 
"I used the cell tower ping method that led us to Vincent Nigel Murray's killer." She said as she examined the fire extinguisher that Booth got off one of the vehicles, thinking it could be the murder weapon. I tuned them out and listened to the tornado outside and only half-listened as I took brief notes. Not going to lie, the sounds of everything hitting the doors was scary. 

When the storm was done, the one chick who was talking rainbows with a gay man pointed out a rainbow off in the distance and Brennan gave me a ride back to Washington. She left Sweets and Booth out there because she was mad that he lied to her. Rightfully so. But it's hard to see who's right in the whole situation. Booth is being mad protective about Brennan and I get that but Brennan also seems to forget that she's pregnant sometimes. Well, mothers know best and it's not like she's drinking and smoking. My mum worked in a Ford factory while she was pregnant with me and Danny. She was a teacher after me. Ange, Hodgens and I took a trip out to see the path of the tornado and they found one of Scott's thingies and I got sent home for the day. Apparently, two trips are too much for the "kid". I waited until after Booth and Sweets interrogated the brother and the cameraman, Wes I think it was and got his confession. Sweets and I went home together and we crashed.