"Since when do you employ twelve-year-olds?"

Another filler chapter because Ange's dad is an entire lad. 

I woke up nice and toasty. I was completely wrapped in the comforter and someone was hugging me from behind. Sweets and I were watching a horror movie last night and I was spooked so he wrapped me in the blanket and I guess I fell asleep like that. I rolled over to look at him and he squeezed me. 

"Good morning my taco," He said and I smiled. 
"Good morning," I said and my phone rang, "Nooooo," I whined and cuddled into the blanket fully intent on ignoring it. 
"It's Booth. You should get it," Sweets said and I didn't reply to him hoping that he'd think that I went back to sleep. He leaned over me and I twisted real speedy and kissed him. The phone rang out as he kissed me back. I moved my hand into his hair and he chuckled at me. 
"You're good at distracting me," He said and I smiled. 
"That's what I'm here for," I said and he pressed his forehead to mine. I pouted as my phone rang again.
"Any chance that I could kiss you again and make you not answer that?" I asked. 
"Nope," He said with a smile and answered. He put it on speaker. 
"Morning," Sweets said happily and I kissed his cheek and moved down to his jaw. 
"Did I call you instead of Piper?" Booth asked. 
"Nope," I said and kissed down his neck. 
"Oh? Are you two together?" Booth asked. 
"No, I'm on another line. Sweets just happened to have my phone," I said and nipped at where Lance's neck meets his shoulder. 
"You could've just said yes. Anyway, when's the soonest you two could get into the lab?" Booth asked as Sweets put a firm hand on my hip. 
"An hour?" Sweets said. 
"Alright see you then," Booth said and Sweets hung up. 
"What's this?" Lance asked. 
"Me trying to distract you," I said and sucked a hickey where I nipped at him. 
"It didn't distract me, but I'll definitely take advantage of that hour," Sweets said and I smiled. 

I'd say that the day started off well. I walked into the lab and stopped just inside the door. Hodgens and Booth looked very worried. 
"But? Never mind," Hodgens said. 
"Look at this," Cam said coming around the corner with something. It looked like there's only the three of us. The lab seemed unnaturally quiet. I had my jacket draped over my left arm like a fancy person with a towel or something, my hair is probably still a little ruffled but I have a blue button-down tucked into black pants with my shiny dress shoes. I shook my head a little bit and walked up to Jack and Booth. Jack jumped behind Booth. 

"Um, hi?" I said and Jack let out a breath. 
"Whew, hi Piper. How's it going?" He asked and Booth sighed. 
"Pretty good. You look a tad bit spooked," I said and he came out from behind Booth. 
"My dad's in town and Hodgens is on his hit list," Ange's voice said from behind me. 
"Ah, I've never met your dad. I'm sure that he's not that scary," I said. 
"There's a reason that you've never met my dad. Anyway, you look like you had a good morning," Ange said looking me up and down. 
"Speaking of, do you have your phone?" Booth asked. I pulled it out of my pocket. I think that I got mine? I turned it on and I was blessed by Sweets' face. 
"I have my phone," I said and put my phone back in my pocket. 
"The fact that you had to look is concerning," Booth said under his breath and I stuck my tongue out at him. 
"Walk with me," Ange said and hooked her arm around mine. We started heading off to her office. 

"So, you look happy this morning," Ange said and I smiled a little. 
"I had a good morning," I said. 
"I'm glad, any details?" Ange asked. 
"You dirty mind. I'm not going to give you details about my sex life," I said. 
"Aww, come on. They don't have to be super graphic," She said. 
"Let's just say that I got my guts rearranged," I said as we walked into her office. 
"Ooo, and I made something that I think Hodgens would like," Ange said and she let go of my arm and did something on her iPad and her machine thing started playing out the movements of a caterpillar looking thing. 
"I'm sure he'll love it," I said watching it. 
"Yay! I hope he does," Ange said and stopped playing it and it went away. 
"Code red! Code red!" Jack said and ran into the room. 
"Oh?" I asked and Ange laughed a little. 
"My dad must be here," Ange said and I laughed too. 
"Alright, you have fun hiding and I'm going to go and check on Brennan," I said and left. I went into Brennan's office and hung my jacket in there and went off to the bone room. I was walking with my hands in my pockets and noticed that there was a shiny part of the floor and it didn't click that it was shinier than the rest of the floor. Brennan came around the corner and Booth called my name from behind me. I stepped on the floor and my foot shot out in front of me and my hands got stuck in my pockets. I hit the floor backwards. My hands came free when I hit the floor. 

"Oh god," Cam's voice came. 
"I'm okay!" I called out. I went to get up and felt hands on me. 
"Are you sure? That looked like it hurt," Booth said. 
"It didn't hurt that bad, I'm okay," I said and brushed off my pants. 
"That's good," Booth said and Brennan came over. 
"Are you sure? You seem to be favouring your left knee," Brennan said. 
"I hurt it a while ago and it's just throbbing a little bit but it's okay," I said and smiled at her. 
"Bones I don't want you slipping on that too," Booth said. 
"Alright, well Angela's dad is here so we should go say hello," Brennan said. We turned and started walking back to the platform. I ended up between Brennan and Booth. 

"Oh, before we go, Piper can you come with me for a minute?" Brennan asked. 
"Of course," I replied and went with her. We walked into her office and she sat in her chair and I got hugged from behind. 
"He hates me," Sweets' voice said from behind me. 
"Hello to you too and who hates you?" I asked. 
"Angela's dad. I touched his shoulder and he hates me now," Sweets said and put his chin on my head. 
"I'm sure he doesn't. Maybe he's just not used to affection," I said, "Or affection from strangers." 
"Who doesn't like affection?" Sweets asked with a huff. 
"Not everyone is a toddler trapped in a man's body," I commented and Brennan laughed. He squeezed me tighter. 
"I'm not a toddler," Sweets said. I smiled and reached behind me to cup his cheek. 
"Sure you're not," I said and he let go of me. 
"I'm not!" He whined. 
"Alright, I'm going to say hi to Mr. Montenegro," I said and turned to walk out of her office and walked into Booth. He looked at me and then looked at Sweets. 
"What did you do to him?" Booth asked looking at Sweets. 
"Wh-what do you mean?" Sweets asked. 
"This morning. Or last night. Why did you answer his phone?" Booth asked like he was finally putting two and two together. 
"Booth, just let the two of them enjoy their romantic relationship," Brennan said. 
"Thank you, Brennan. Just leave it alone," I said and walked past him and went to go see Ange. I walked in and an older man looked at me. 

"Angie," He said. 
"Yeah?" She asked, "hi Piper," 
"Since when do you employ twelve-year-olds?" He asked. 
"I'm not twelve, thank you," I said. 
"I'll let you believe that," He said. 
"Alright, I mean I'll take it. I'm Piper," I said holding my hand out. 
"Nice to meet you, Piper, I'm Bill," He said and we shook hands. 
"Nice to meet you too. And sorry for Sweets earlier today. He's an affectionate toddler," I said and Bill laughed. 
"Now don't I know that. He seemed relative, what's the phrase, shook? This morning. Tell him not to worry about it. He seems like a nice man," Bill said. We talked about Angela's art and I tried to talk motorcycles. I know a bit about cars but Bill just laughed and gave me credit for trying. I went back to Brennan's office to find my scaredy cat. 

"Hey Brennan, where'd Sweets go?" I asked. 
"He and Hodgens are hiding in Hodgens' lab," She said continuing to type on her computer. 
"Thanks," I said and went to go find them. We had a relatively uneventful day but it was nice. Sweets and I went to my house for dinner later and then stayed at Sweets'. 

I'm glad that I'm finally getting my life together. 

Later that night, I fell asleep smiling.