Enrolling

"Why?" I groaned at the computer. All I wanted to do was enroll in some university classes online but no. It had to go and shut down on me. My laptop is only five years old so it should be fine and it was plugged in all night. 

"Piper, just go get a new one, baby." My mother's voice said from the doorway of my room. 
"I don't have money for that maman." I said looking up at her. She smiled. 
"Hey, you go find a lovely laptop and the accessories that you need, add them up and send me the total price and I'll send you the money okay? Don't worry about the price." She said softly. 
"A-are you sure? That could be over a thousand dollars. I can just take mine and get it fixed." I said. 
"No. Are you really going to argue with me Piper?" Mum said and I sighed. 
"Fine, I'll go get one. Thank you mum." I said and got up to give her a hug. 
"And your friend from the FBI is here." She said. 
"Oh?" I asked hugging her. I went out of my room, picked up Stefan and went down the stairs. There was a knock on the door. 
"I got it!" I called out and opened it. Sweets was standing there. 

"Um, hey?" I said. By 'friend from the FBI' I thought mum meant Booth or Brennan. Sweets let out a sigh of relief. 
"Hey! Booth sent me to check up on you. You haven't come in in a few days." Sweets said looking at me with a smile. 
"Yeah, I wasn't feeling well." I said and Sweets reached out to pet Stefan. 
"I see. Are you feeling any better?" Sweets asked. 
"Oh good, you're here! You can go out laptop shopping with Piper!" My mother's voice came from behind me. 
"Uh, I-I'm sure that Sweets has-"
"Nothing else to do and would love to!" Sweets cut me off with a smile. 
"Good! Piper, go get dressed. You've been in the house for too long." Mum said and Stefano meowed in protest as mum took him from me. She shooed me upstairs as she invited Sweets into the house. I went upstairs, put on jeans, a loose high school sweater and went back down. I showered earlier. Sweets was in the kitchen with my mum when I went down. 
"You like to cook?" Sweets asked. 
"He likes to cook, he just doesn't like to eat." Danny said. I rolled my eyes. 
"Don't you know how not to say anything?" I asked. 
"I'm older so you'd be the one who was to be seen and not heard Pipes." He said and mum facepalmed. 
"Boys. There's someone here." She sighed. I looked at Sweets and he looked to be enjoying the bickering. 
"Right. Have fun Pipes." Danny said. Sweets and I went out the door with a container of food in hand. We got in Sweet's car and he looked at me. 
"So, where do you want to go look for a laptop?" Sweets asked. 
"Thrift store?" I asked. 
"Ha ha. Funny so Best Buy it is." He said and pulled out of my driveway. 
"You know, you can just drop me off somewhere and go." I said quietly. 
"I know, but one, I'm not going to, two, your mother might kill me, three, Booth would have my head and, I don't really want to drop you off anywhere and run. I came to check up on you and the last thing I'm going to let you do is buy a crappy laptop." he said and I let that info set in. What the hell does that mean? But okay?
"I'm sure Booth wouldn't have your head." I said and looked at him. 
"You clearly don't see how much Booth cares about you. But main message is that I made a promise to your mother and I'm not going going to leave you." He said and I nodded. 
"So, what courses are you going to sign up for?" He asked. 
"Uh, I was thinking about psychology and mineralogy." I said quietly. 
"I see. Any job that you're aiming for specifically?" He asked. 
"Not really. FBI said that they'd keep me so I just want to have something you know?" I said. 
"Any inspiration to go for those ones?" He asked and glanced at me. I looked at him and he had a little smirk. 
"N-not really. I just thought it would be fun." I said and he nodded a little. 

We made it to the Best Buy and I thought that I was going to suffocate in the car. He led the way to the laptops and talked to the person who came over to help us and I went and looked around. I figured that he's got this. I went to go look at the speakers and found a couple that I like but I have one and it still works. I ended up picking a Google Home Mini up off the shelf because it was on sale. Wait, I get paid for working with Booth and Brennan. I stopped and pulled out my phone to check my bank account and oh wow. I didn't think that there was much money in my account but I can afford to buy the laptop and such myself! I didn't know that. 

"Piper?" Sweet's voice asked. 
"Yeah?" I replied, looking to where he was earlier. 
"Come here a second." Sweets said and I went to him. 
"Did you find something?" I asked. 
"Yeah, now it's up to you to pick out accessories. This one will last you a long time and you can have many things running at once." He said. 
"Alright sweet." I commented. 
"Do you know what to get?" The employee asked. 
"Uh, not really." I said. 
"Okay, hold your hand up like you're giving a high five." He said and I did as he said. 
"Alright, light blue, black or purple?" He asked. 
"Uh, purple." I answered. 
"Okay, you can put your hand down. Come with me and we can get you a laptop case." He said taking a mouse off the shelf and walking away. I glanced at Sweets and he motioned with me to follow the employee and I did. I didn't see a laptop case there that I liked so we left it for another day. We went and paid at the cash and Sweets and I went back out to his car. 

"So, for laptop cases, it's important to have one but if you're thinking about doing classes online then you can probably leave your laptop at home." He said. 
"I might use it other places so I should get one but I can get Danny to get one in Canada." I replied putting my seatbelt on. 
"Alright. And there's something that I have to tell you, before it kills me but I don't want to freak you out at all." He said and he sounded stressed. I looked at him and he was looking at me. 
"It's you. There aren't many things that you can do to freak me out. You read my childhood based on the way I swang a bat." I replied with a little smile. He let out a breath and relaxed a little. 
"I'm bisexual and I like you because you're adorable and fun to be around and the real reason that I came to check on you is because I missed you." Sweets rushed out and it sounded like one word. I didn't know how to react but I felt my face heat up and he looked a little concerned about my reaction. My lips twitched into a smile and I pulled the collar of my sweater up over my face. Why does he have to do me like this? Why must he be like this? He honestly is really nice and handsome and trust me, he would know how to treat someone right and he's never done anything to prove me wrong and he'd probably be cuddly. Lancer? 
"Piper?" He asked. 
"Why you gotta do me like this?" I asked from the inside of my sweater. 
"What do you mean?" Sweets asked. 
"A confession and a compliment in the same sentence is too much." I whined. He let out a breathy laugh. 
"You're really something. Come on Pipes, don't hide in your sweater." He teased and yanked on the front of my sweater. It came out of my grip and I looked at a smiling goof in the driver's seat. 
"So, anything to say back?" He asked. 
"I-I like you too," I replied with a little smile that never left, "What now?" I asked. 
"Uh, coffee?" He asked. 
"Sure!" I replied and he turned on his car. We went out for coffee and talked about things and I got a message from my mum saying that she and Danny were going to leave for a few hours and go do errands and such. I finished my hot chocolate and replied with a quick okay and looked up at Sweets. 
"If you're not busy then would you be able to come over and help me set up the laptop?" I asked. 
"Like at your house?" Sweets asked. 
"Yeah?" I replied. 
"Yeah! I have nothing better to do and I'd like you to not mess this up." He teased. 
"Okay, I'm not as dumb as I seem when it comes to technology." I defended. 
"You're not dumb Pipes. But I would be delighted." He said with a smile. 
"Okay." I said with a smile and we went to my house and started getting it set up. We took our time, had fun, and got everything set up and we sat together on the couch as I downloaded Netflix and Youtube and while they were downloading, Sweets helped my pick courses and sign up for them and it was nice just chilling together. He left after a while after a hug and I went to my room and ordered a laptop bag and patches from Canex in Canada. I got a plain black bag, a Canadian flag patch, a "support our troops" patch, and a poppy patch. I also ordered some stickers from Hot Topic. Panic! At The Disco, stitch, a little gay flag, a little fat cat sticker thing that was cute, and a "don't be a prick" sticker with a cactus on it. I placed the order to be delivered and I watched Netflix with Stefan until I heard Danny and mum come home. The four of us spent the night at home and relaxed. 

Sorry for the late update but life's a bitch. -\_('-')_/-