Chapter 1

Thanks for reading the ORIGINAL version of The List! This is where it all started. But with that comes horrible grammar, some plot holes, and just not good writing.

Everything in this is the original story except the FIRST CHAPTER, which has been completely revised...

I hope you enjoy!

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Annabeth

Piper was seriously starting to get on my nerves. Throughout the whole day, we couldn't last five minutes without her bringing it up.

"Annabeth," Piper complained as she waved her hands sporadically. "Please."

She gave me a horrific try at puppy dog eyes as I opened my locker.

"That look might work on your dad, but not on me," I said as I grabbed the towering stack of books I would need for a long night of studying. I had four finals to cram over, and I wasn't about to sacrifice that last chance of salvaging my grades for a small favor for Piper. As much as I loved the girl, having my GPA crash and burn wasn't worth the boring party she was begging me to go to with her.

Piper flushed red. "I guess it was worth a shot," she hesitated before finding her next words. "But, Annabeth, you have to come with me!"

I sighed as I slammed my locker a bit too loud for the quiet hallway, as a few bystanders gave us curious looks. "I'm sorry," I said, actually finding myself mean it, "but I can't afford less than perfect grades on all my finals tomorrow. Besides, it's Jason's fault for having a party on the night before our last day."

She followed me down the long, brightly lit corridors of the school as we made our way out to the senior parking lot.

"It's not Jason's fault that his parents decided to come back tomorrow. Tonight is the last chance," she countered, defending his honor.

I didn't say anything but smirk. Piper has had a crush on Jason Grace for ages, the school's typical golden boy. He was tall, athletic, wealthy and smart. Piper raved about how handsome he was to her, but I never understood the hype for that type of guy. I guess I was looking for someone to balance out my extreme ways. But I was still excited for Piper, as Jason's been finally showing signs of interest back to her.

"Bye, Mr. Brunner!" I piped up as we passed the teacher, who was waving at other students as they left the building.

Mr. Brunner was sitting in his black wheelchair, his thick brown beard lifting and ruffling in the wind as the metal doors opened and closed. He gave me a kind smile, which always had the strange capability of making me feel better. He was definitely my favorite teacher at Goode Highschool, along with most of the students here.

"Bye, Annabeth," He nodded at Piper and me as we passed.

Piper coughed as she pressed the door open with her outstretched arms. "Suck up," she coughed again to conceal what she said in front of the teacher.

When we were out of earshot, I said, "Wow, you're funny."

She shrugged. "I try."

It was chilly out, and a few flakes made their way down to coat the lot with a thin light layer, but it was nothing compared to the mountains of snow New York tended to be gifted with every winter.

We reached our cars that were parked right next to each other. Most of the parking lot was vacant already, as most students were eager to get out of the place as soon as possible, especially since it was finals week.