Chapter 2

Piper directed me to sit down in front of my vanity, and I was forced to look back at my reflection. She ran her brush through my thick, blonde hair. I wasn't sure she knew how to deal with it.

"Wow," she exclaimed, "your hair is so hard to brush. Has it always been like this?"

    I nodded to her reflection. Piper shrugged and got back to work. I glanced at her choppy brown hair and ever-changing eyes. Today, she wore white feathers intertwined with a braid running down her back. Then I noticed she was still wearing the same crop top and short skirt from earlier, and I sighed. Ever since Drew the school's drama queen commented on Piper's tomboyish ways, Piper hasn't been the same. Within the next week, her style had completely changed into what Drew considered acceptable.

"Annabeth," Piper said, trying to get my attention, "how does this look?" She had just pinned two strands of hair together at the back of my head.

"It looks fine. I could've done that, but I really need help with what to wear," I said.

   "I mean, what you wear to school is okay. You dress nice, but if you want to catch everyone's attention I suggest something more revealing," she recommended.

  "Reveal what? I don't have anything," I replied miserably.

   She rolled her eyes, "Oh come on! I'll admit, you don't have a lot going on up there," she pointed to my chest.  "However, you have everything else going on for you."

I blushed and said, "gee, thanks."

"It's a compliment. Anyways, here's an outfit I picked for you." She laid out a small, black floral dress on the bed. It had a low V-cut and was short sleeved.

"It's cute," I admitted, "but I'll freeze. In case you forgot, it's 30 degrees out and December."

   She shrugged, "who cares? We'll be inside anyways."

   "I guess you have a point, I'll borrow it for tonight,"  I nodded as I picked the dress up from the bed.

   "You can keep it, it's a little small for me anyways," she offered with a smile.

   I headed into the bathroom, which I could access right from my room, and changed into the dress. To my surprise it fit nicely. The low cut was enough to reveal a little bit but still be classy. I figured with some long jewelry, it would look good.

    As I stepped back into my room, Piper clapped as I gave a twirl. "Awe, girl, you look so good," she compliments. She's changed into a white tank with a skirt that flowed out.

   "You ready?" I asked, picking up a purse and shoving my phone and some lip gloss in it.

   "Wait, didn't you say we were studying?" Piper reminded me. Shit. I forgot about that. I quickly picked up an oversized hoodie and some sweatpants and put them on.

"Honey!" My mom called from downstairs, "dinner is ready!"

"Alright," I called back. I told Piper to meet me at the car and swiftly run down to the kitchen. She had prepared my favorite: chicken noodle casserole.

"Thanks mom," I said after eating 3 helpings of it.

"You're welcome. I'm sure we'll have leftovers for when you get home later," she smiled, "But don't forget. I want you home by 11."

"Got it mom," I said as I close the front door behind me.

Piper was standing outside, waiting for me by her car, "it took you a while. I was starting to think you were going to bail." She wasn't wrong. I couldn't pretend I didn't think about it.

✰✰✰

Jason's house was around 5 minutes from my neighborhood. As we arrived, I was still surprised by how grand the high rise was, despite the countless times I've been here before. Who's rich enough to afford a multi-million dollar penthouse? Definitely not me. The exterior was mostly glass, separated by large metal beams and stood taller than the surrounding buildings. I looked up and could already see the rooftop garden. The views must've been amazing from up there. The knots in my stomach grew bigger and bigger, and I was tempted to steal Piper's  car and drive away.

"You ready to go in?" She asked, excitedly. I wasn't not sure how she enjoyed going to parties every weekend. It was definitely not my scene.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I said as she started to open the front door of the building.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Things are about to get interesting. I SWEAR Percy is coming soon.

Like, comment, and follow for more!