Chapter 33

Percy and Annabeth's prom picture!! I based my descriptions off this picture. If you don't like...oh well.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Percy

I was freaking out.

In just one hour I would be picking Annabeth up to go to prom, and per usual, things didn't go as planned.

All the guys were getting ready at Jason's penthouse for the night. It was almost 6, and none of us were ready. Our day was full of playing video games, eating junk food, and acting like dumbasses.

At around 5:30, we were just finishing another round of Call of Duty. Frank won, of course. He always won shooting games. I always figured it was because he used to take archery lessons which helped his aim and steadiness.

Anyways, after that round, Jason received a text from Piper. She asked if we were ready to take pictures.

The hard truth was that we were not ready. At all. Leo had orange dust all over his face and clothes from eating too many Cheeto Paws. I was still in my pajamas, Nico and Will were napping in the corner, Jason was all sweaty from his ping pong match with the Stolls (don't ask).

"Guys?" Jason had asked us. "The girls expect us to be at Piper's in 30 minutes!"

So, that led to the huge shitshow. It was now 5:55 and we were all frantically sprinting around, desperately trying to wash the sloppiness off of ourselves. I scrubbed my face frantically while brushing my teeth simultaneously (again, don't ask). I glanced up in the bathroom mirror to catch a catastrophe behind me.

Leo and Nico were fighting over a specific tie to wear with their suits. Although the plain black tie was holding up, I knew it would be ripped to shreds in no time. Behind them was Frank in his boxers, hysterically running around the room trying to get his suit to dry. I sighed. What were my friends doing? Then, I looked at my reflection again. I realized I couldn't have looked any better than them.

Jason popped up from behind me and grabbed a stick of deodorant from the drawer under the sink. Despite the struggles of the others, Jason still looked put together. He wasn't wearing his glasses tonight, so his electric blue eyes stunned me for a second.

"Looking good, Perce," He winked at me while patting my shoulder.

"Shut up," I said, rolling my eyes. I was certainly not looking good. My hair was disheveled, I wasn't even completely dressed, and I probably smelled funky.

Behind me, I heard a sharp rip from the bedroom. "Leo!" Nico exclaimed in annoyance.

"Me? That was you. Calypso is going to kill me!" Leo scoffed as he started pacing around the bedroom.

"Guys," Jason interrupted, "My dad has ties. Just take some of his."

Nico and Leo grudgingly walked out of Jason's room to go steal some of Zeus' ties.

Jason turned to me. "You better get doing, lover boy. Annabeth is not going to kiss you if you're wearing that."

✰✰✰

My heart started to race. All of us guys were standing outside Piper's apartment. For once, we didn't talk. Our anxiety was higher than the empire state building.

Piper flung open the door with a stern face. I usually didn't pay attention to what girls wore, but I had to admit Piper looked really good. She wore a white dress with embroidered flowers on the top. Her tan complexion provided a beautiful contrast to the color.

"Wow, Pipes..." Jason seemed to have lost his train of thought. His eyes were as wide as stones, and he wore a mystified expression.

Piper blushed, but as quickly as her flattered expression came, it went. An angry look returned to her face. "Jason Grace! Where have you been?"

Jason turned a deep shade of red. "We...got a little sidetracked."

Piper frowned, but before she could say anything, Aphrodite appeared from behind her. I didn't see her too often, but I had no complaints about that. That woman was scary.

"You guys look so handsome!" She glanced around at us with her intense gaze. Finally, her eyes landed on me. A small smile escaped from her lips as she beckoned us in.

Hazel, who was looking amazing in a bright yellow dress, was leaning against the kitchen counter. She stood up and locked eyes with Frank, who wore a yellow bow tie to correlate with her dress. Frank looked in awe, but I could tell he had already seen her in the dress.

I was glad Annabeth never showed me her dress. I preferred to be surprised. All she told me was that I needed to get was a baby blue bow-tie.

Annabeth, I thought with a sudden realization. Where was she?

Aphrodite seemed to have read my mind. She called Annabeth out from the other room.

"What?" She asked, stepping into the room.

To say I was speechless was an understatement. I didn't think I would ever catch my breath again. Annabeth looked like a goddess. No, she looked even better than a goddess.

"Percy," Jason nudged my side, "close your mouth."

I closed my mouth but opened it again in the hope of forming comprehensible words. No such luck. "Uh- uh, you look...beautiful."

She smiled as she looked down at the floor, and I felt the whole world go silent around me. I didn't deserve this girl.

Annabeth seemed self-conscious of herself, though I could find no reason for her to be. She was wearing a sky blue, floor-length dress that accentuated her beauty. It seemed as if the dress was created for her. Her hair was curled slightly less than normal, which didn't bother me. It didn't matter to me what she looked like, though.

She didn't appear to be wearing much makeup, but it was a lot more than what I normally saw her wear. The sunlight through the windows appeared to highlight every single detail on her face, her high cheekbones and flawless complexion stood out amongst the dull surroundings of the universe.

"Okay!" Leo exclaimed as he wrapped his skinny arm around Calypso's. She was wearing a Greek-style dress that I thought was pretty cool. "Let's get going. Prom won't wait for us!"

Annabeth grinned at me and locked her arm with mine. "Close your mouth, Seaweed Brain. You're drooling."

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!

It's hard to believe there are only 3 chapters left...

Question: Whats your favorite/lucky number?

Mine is 32

VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW to show support!