Chapter 28

IMPORTANT

HEY! I have no idea what happened to chapter 27! But it's been up so hopefully this chapter uploads correctly, or I will actually cry. It says it's published but when I check from a reader's view, it's not there... so I don't know what's up with Wattpad.

Anyways, here's chapter 28! If you have any difficulties reading chapter 27 please let me know so I can try to republish it!!

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

PERCY

    In short, I got my ass kicked.

    I mean, in the first 100 meters or so, I had a slight lead. When Jason blew his gun, which was really a clap of his hands, Annabeth pushed out of her stance like an actual Olympic athlete. Within a second, she was way out ahead of me. Then, I regained my composure and finally caught up to her. As we came out of the turn, it looked like I had a chance of winning. I might've had a stride on her. Not too shabby for a swimmer.

    But then something happened, and I realized my mistake. Even as we hit the final 100, I could feel my legs start to give out and my energy depleting. I was slowing down, but Annabeth showed no signs of stopping. By the time I got another 20 meters, she had lengthened her stride and passed me effortlessly.

    I decided to focus on finishing the with the best effort I had. My vision tunneled as I dedicated my efforts to the line. I vaguely caught sight of Annabeth, and her flawless form, at least 10 meters ahead. I felt slow and sluggish, wishing that I had bid my energy until the final home stretch.

    Finally, I made one last effort and almost fell across the finish line. Now I realized why some athletes had to jump past it to keep their position. I quickly doubled over to catch my breath and held back the urge to vomit in front of my friends.

    "Not bad, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said. I could almost hear her smirk as she patted me on the back.

    "Percy, you got your ass whooped. I'd be embarrassed for you, but right now I just want to make fun of you for the rest of your miserable life," Jason added from beside me.

    "Jason," I rolled my eyes, finally standing up straight. I had to close my eyes and pause for a second to make sure I didn't blow chunks all over him. "How was I supposed to beat her?"

    "I can't believe you let a girl beat you," he said. Then, he realized Piper and Annabeth were standing next to us. "I mean, girl power!"

    Piper and Annabeth simultaneously smacked each side of Jason's face while he made a giant "O" shape with his mouth. Then, they turned to me to see if I would have any smart ass comments about them.

    I raised my hands in defense and said, "Hey, I fully support girl power. Go girls!" That just got me two burning, hand-shaped prints on each side of my face. Jason laughed but quickly stifled it when he met eyes with two angry teen-aged girls.

✰✰✰

    "Percy," my mom chided me as she messed with the jacket I was wearing. "Your sense of style is absolutely horrid."

    "Maybe your sense of style is horrid, and mine is actually great. But you wouldn't know that because, well, your sense of style sucks," I countered as I gobbled up my fifth cookie of the day. I really had a problem.

    My mom rolled her eyes but had a grin on her face at my sarcastic comment. That was one of the things I loved most about our relationship. We were so full of love that we didn't have to refrain from telling each other things. I told her every single thing about my life (maybe even things I shouldn't), and she was always the first person I went to for support. Well, until Annabeth came along anyways...

    A sudden knock sounded at our apartment door, and I could see my mom's body stiffen. Although she was exceptionally good at hiding her anxiousness, I could see through the calm facade she was putting up for me and Paul's sake.

    She walked over to reveal a breathtaking Annabeth at the door. It sounded cheesy, but that girl seriously made me nervous whenever she walked into a room. Tonight, she was wearing an oversized cream sweater with skinny blue jeans on. Although it was quite simple, I had to ogle at her for a few seconds before I was brought back to reality.

    My mom greeted her with a hug and gestured for Annabeth to come in. "You look beautiful, Annabeth."

    I agreed, of course. But I didn't add on to my mom's comment.

    "Thanks, Sally," She smiled gratefully at my mom.

    "I wish I could say the same thing about Percy here," She gestured to the nervous mess that was me. Honestly, I didn't see what was wrong with my outfit of choice. I had a dark jean jacket on with a flannel underneath. With that, I wore black jeans and a beanie.

    Annabeth sized me up, with her bright grey eyes analyzing every inch of me. I fought the urge to crawl into a hole and die, so I just stood their awkwardly.

  "Not bad, Seaweed Brain," she smiled at me and grabbed my sweaty hand. "I'll have him back by 10."

    My mom nodded, gave both of us hugs, and said, "Okay, kids. Time to go. You don't want to be late."

    With that, she shut the door, and Annabeth led me to her car. My stomach was in knots when the realization of what I was about to do hit me.

    Annabeth seemed to notice my hand stiffed and gave me a worried glance from the driver's seat, "Are you okay?"

    I gulped and nodded hesitantly. I didn't want to burden her with all the "daddy" issues I was having, so I turned my gaze to the busy road in front of us.

    "Percy," she said. "You know I'm here for you right?" Annabeth placed her open palm on the console between us, and I laced my shaking fingers through hers.

    "I..." I started. I wanted to tell her I loved her right then, but something stopped me. "I really appreciate you, Annabeth."

    I flicked my eyes towards her just in time to catch a quick frown form on her lips, but then she quickly recovered with a smile.

    "Me too, Percy."

    To my disappointment, our drive quickly ended and we arrived at Poseidon's hotel. It was this huge upscale building that anyone could tell was a 5-star hotel. Even the lobby was incredible. Wide columns were supporting the massive glass ceilings. Beautiful marble floors and grand staircases decorated the entrance.

    Next to me, Annabeth had a hard time keeping her mouth shut. Every time she fought out of her initial shock, there was something even more impressive to look at. This place was seriously nice. I figured it would be a fun place to play soccer with the boys in.

    Just as I pictured where the goals would go, I saw him.

    I punched Annabeth in the arm to get her attention. She started to glare at me until I pointed at him. Annabeth quickly focused on my father, who was standing in front of us on one of the staircases, which were probably leading from Hell. Just kidding.

    "Welcome," he said, raising his arms out around him. "Do you like it?"

When neither of us responded he added, "You guys better, because I just bought it."

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Uh-oh. What's gonna happen with Poseidon? Keep reading to find out. NEW CHAPTER FRIDAY.

Question: What's your favorite fast food restaurant?

Mine is Chipotle!!!

Comment, vote, and follow for more information and updates if you enjoyed!