Chapter 35

This chapter's kinda short, not gonna lie, but I hope you still enjoy! Also, it starts the last 2 chapters which, in my opinion, are adorable!

Without further ado...

By the way, happy Friday!

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

I didn't know what shocked me more: the fact that I admitted that I loved Annabeth Chase or that she actually loved me back.

It was probably the latter. Honestly, those words had been hanging on the tip of my tongue for a while, and I finally gave into the temptation of uttering them.

"Percy," Annabeth nudged me on the arm. "Focus."  If I was her, I wouldn't worry about how much I paid attention to her.

I looked around to realize we were sitting in my silver Prius. Annabeth sat in the passenger seat, looking as beautiful as always. She wore a black Track and Field shirt paired with black leggings. Then I remembered why we were there: to accomplish the last item of our list, which happened to be pulling an epic senior prank. Annabeth never said anything about it having to be epic, but I planned to end this crappy school year with a bang.

Our plan was simple enough. There was 12 of us breaking in. The Stolls were in charge of breaking in and making sure the place was cleared before we entered. I figured it was, since it was 10 pm on a Saturday night. What teachers would be at school during this hour? Then again, what students would voluntarily walk onto school grounds on a weekend? Oh wait. That was exactly what we were doing.

Anyways, after the Stolls would be done scouting, Leo, Piper, Jason, Annabeth, Frank, and Hazel would carry out the mission. Thalia, Nico, and Reyna were supposed to be on the lookout while we went in. Hazel and Nico weren't seniors yet, but we still included them in everything. Besides, Hazel was Frank's girlfriend and Nico was Percy's cousin.

The target was Mr. D. He'd been our vice principal ever since my freshman year. He constantly called people by the wrong names. I corrected him at least 5 times before I finally gave up and accepted the fact that my new name was Perry Johnson.

I glanced at Jason in the car to the right of us. He was relaxing with Piper in one of his father's high-tech sports cars. Suddenly I felt the urge to toss my Prius and beg to borrow one of Zeus' sweet rides.

"What are we going to release first? I brought some surprise elements," Leo's voice boomed from the central speakers of the car. One of Leo's stepbrothers set the whole system up. I didn't understand how it worked, but it was useful. In just a touch of a button, I could be talking on a group call with everyone in on the prank.

"Leo!" I heard Piper's stern voice. "I told you not to bring the fireworks!"

"It's not that. I swear." I could almost hear eye rolls coming from everyone else on the line.

Piper started to say something, but then another voice interrupted. "I hate to disturb you guys, but the coast is clear." It was Connor Stoll.

Car doors all around me opened. I went to open mine, but a hand tapped my shoulder. It was Annabeth, who looked like she was about to faint.

"What's wrong? You don't look good," I said worriedly while turning to face her.

"Thanks." She rolled her eyes and nudged me.

"You know I didn't mean it like that. You look sick," I replied, holding my hand up to her forehead. I shook my head. It wasn't a fever.

"I'm fine," She said as she adjusted her black beanie, "let's go."

✰✰✰✰

The school was daunting at night. I thought it was bad during the day, with all the teachers and the nasty school lunch, but it was way worse at night. The lights were off, and there were odd noises coming from behind doors I could have sworn weren't there yesterday.

Annabeth slipped her hand into mine. I could barely make out the lines of her face in the dark, but I could tell she was nervous. But I knew she was tentative about different things than I was. She was worried about logical things like getting in trouble or caught. I was terrified of imaginary monsters running through the school.

Finally, we reached Mr. D's office. We had only walked through maybe half the school, but I felt as if it were miles. Those creepy noises were really getting to me.

Hazel turned on a flashlight. We found that the door was creaked open barely an inch. I assumed it was the work of Travis and Connor. Well, hoped was the right word.

She swung open the door hesitantly, creating an earsplitting screech that resonated throughout the school. I figured anyone within a 50-mile radius of the school could hear it.

"Sorry guys," she said as the door finally came to a halt.

The seven of us entered. Immediately, it became a raucous. Imagine 7 teenagers in a giant office, frantically searching around for a tiny light switch. That was us.

"Ow!" Frank yelped.

"Sorry!" Annabeth apologized.

Suddenly, there was a giant thud. It sounded like someone ran into a giant piece of metal. Hazel shined her flashlight to where the crash came from to reveal Leo on the ground, holding his head.

He groaned, "I just ran into that metal cabinet."

Ouch. That was going to leave a mark.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Hey everyone! Sorry for the 3 hour delay...

Question: How was your day?

Mine was pretty good. I had a huge presentation in front of a bunch of adults today. I was so nervous, but it went well!

Like, comment, and vote for more!