Chapter 37

Hey guys. This WILL be the last chapter! Before we get started, I would just like to thank YOU ALL for your endless support. Your hilarious/sweet comments never failed to make my day. 💙💙💙

I might take a little break from publishing, partly to plan and start writing my next one. I'm thinking an original story with original characters, so I can really develop them myself!

The last thing I'll say is, THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH THE BOOK. If you're here, obviously you have read all previous 36 chapters. My writing has progressed so much over the course of this book, so when I look at Chapter 1, I cringe at all the mistakes I made. If I had read only chapter one, I would not have stayed with it. Thank you for being one of the people that did. ❤️

So without further ado, here is the final chapter of THE LIST.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Percy

For once in my life, everything seemed to be coming together.

I had just graduated, for one thing. My counselors throughout the years seemed to believe that I wouldn't make it to high school, even. The fact that just a few hours ago, I had the opportunity to throw up my cap with the rest of my class, proved everyone wrong. I knew it wasn't a huge accomplishment to graduate from high school, for a ton of kids do it every year. But I didn't care. All that mattered was that I made my parents and myself proud. My mom, not surprisingly, was the most enthusiastic.

"Percy!" My mom shouted from the end of the hallway. "Your room is a pigsty! We have guests in a few hours."

Yeah, real proud.

See, this party had been in the making since last month. When it became clear that I would graduate, my mom decided to celebrate it. Now, she was frantically cleaning the house in preparation for the guests.

I checked my watch. It was 3 at pm. I had approximately two hours before people would start coming. Although I knew my mom wanted the place to look good for everyone, I knew she was specifically antsy about my father. They would be meeting for the first time in a long time.

After the first dinner with Annabeth, my resentment for toward him faded, and Poseidon and I could at least carry a conversation without too many awkward silences. I knew it would be a while before things would be normal, but I was willing to wait. He was still part of the family.

I heard the shower shut off from the main bathroom. It was Paul, who I could tell was anxious to meat Poseidon also. I guess I understood why. It wasn't every day that your wife's ex-husband came around.

"Sorry, mom!" I called from the kitchen. Sure enough, I was doing what I did best: picking at all the delicious food my mom had prepared for the party. Platters of blue cookies, sweet fruits and candies, and various other appetizers were sitting out on the island.

"This one seems a little...bad," I muttered to myself, picking up another strawberry from the tray. There was nothing wrong with it, of course, but I wanted an excuse to indulge already. My stomach had been growling from the hours we sat in the stifling gym of Goode High.

"Percy!" My mom slapped my hand right before I could put it in my mouth. She stood behind me, with a stern expression printed on her face.