Chapter 9

Annabeth

    "Annabeth, what were you thinking bringing that boy here?" I slowly opened my eyes to a figure hovering above me. It was my mom. She was wearing a stern face with her arms crossed on her chest.

  "Mom, I just decided to be nice to him. He's best friends with my best friends so I have to be okay with him," I explained, hoping it sounded believable. The truth was that I didn't know why I was letting him help me.

   "Percy Jackson is no good. I remember you used to come home and complain about how horrible he was to you. Did you forget that?" She exclaimed as I frowned at her. I understood why she wanted to help me, but Percy has been really nice to me lately.

"Mom, calm down. It's not like we're dating or anything," I rolled my eyes and start to go upstairs to my room.

"I just don't want to find out he's using you. Don't forget that he used to hate you," she warned. My mom did have a point. How did I know Percy wasn't trying to use me? Or how did I know Leo didn't dare him to do this?

"I'll be careful," I said, shutting my door. Then I sat down on my bed and checked my phone for the first time since school ended. I had one message from Thalia asking how our "date" was, one from Piper claiming we had to hang out soon, and one from Percy.

For no reason, I replied to Percy's first.

Hope you liked our little feast earlier. I know you're full and all but I'm starving and currently eating another dinner ;) -P

His message maked me laugh out loud. I recalled him shoveling down chips while I slowly munched on my hamburger. That boy could inhale food.

I sat my phone down and let myself be drowned by my covers. Within seconds I felt my eyelids getting heavy, and I drifted into a deep sleep thinking about a certain green eyed boy.

I heard a knock from the front door when I first woke up. I hastily made my way downstairs and open it to find Piper standing on the front steps.

"Hey, you didn't reply to my message so I figured I would stop by," Piper said as she stepped in. Her dad was a famous movie star and was always away, so Piper has a second home at my place and was welcome to come over anytime.

"Hey, Piper. I just woke up," I yawned as I stretched my arms after a long sleep.

"Really? You never sleep this late. It's almost 12 o'clock," she said as she looked at her watch.

"Ugh, blame it on Percy," I replied, yawning once again. I couldn't believe I already wasted half of the day.

"Where's your mom?" She asked.

"Work, per usual," I say. My mom always worked on the weekends. Sometimes she managed to get home early, but her job was super demanding and unpredictable.

"Oh, well. I'm having a little movie marathon today. Come over. Also, don't worry, Jason told me Percy's on his way already," She smirked at the last part.

"I literally just became friends with him. Calm down," I glared at her, even though I felt my checks burning. I didn't really know what to think of Percy. He's was actually sweet, funny, and sort of cute; however, we hated each other until about three days ago.