Chapter 5

Guys, I've figured it out. My schedule is now going to be updates every Monday and Friday! That way, you can start and end you work/school week with me, reading about your favorite couple.

Anyways, here is Chapter 5...

Percy

First thing I learned tonight: Annabeth was actually pretty cool. I saw what was truly Annabeth for once. At school, all I saw was a stuck up, straight A student who was obsessed with being perfect. We were polar opposites. Also, it didn't help that our parents despised each other.

So, when Leo forced us to have alone time, I wanted to walk up and punch that smirk right off his face.

But after hearing Annabeth out, I started to relate to her. I knew what it was like to have all the weight on your shoulders with your family counting on you. My father always counted on me to get into college for my swimming skills, which had always been strong. He figured my swimming with decent grades were the best way to get into college with a scholarship. Unfortunately, I never really excelled in many classes throughout my whole life. Swimming was my only chance for a good future, and I hoped I wouldn't screw my chance up like I usually did. So, I decided to help Annabeth with her situation. Maybe she could teach me a thing or two.

"Um, Percy?" Annabeth jolted me out of my deep thinking. I looked up and met her gaze. Her steely grey eyes, now slightly blue due to the pool's reflection, were focusing on me. Even when I was younger, I always found her eyes unnerving. They seemed to be calculating every way take me down. And in my case, they probably were.

"Yeah, sorry. Start over again," I said sheepishly while running my hair through my hair.

"Well, I was saying that it would be nice if I could finally go to prom, or skip school for a day, take part in a senior prank, fall in love, go skinny dipping, (she blushes at those two) pull an all nighter, maybe get in trouble for once-" At that I do a time-out gesture to stop her as I typed her list into my phone.

   "Hold it. You've never gotten in trouble?" I stared at her in disbelief. Off the top of my head, I could've named various times I've gotten my ass chewed out just in this past week.

    Annabeth shrugged and pushed a  strand of her curly hair behind her now pink ear, "I mean, I've gotten a 96 on a calculus test. I never got like seriously in trouble with my parents though."

    I sighed, "Chase, this is going to be harder than I thought. I'm going to have to do all of these tasks with you to make sure you do it right." I instantly regretted saying that. A few minutes ago we were sworn enemies, and here I was offering to go skinny dipping with her. What was I thinking?

    Annabeth started to get a panicked look in her face, "No! My mom would kill me if she found out I'm hanging around with the son of Poseidon." She spat out the last few words like they were  poison. I've known for quite some time of her opinion on me. Let's just say wasn't very good.

   "That's good. See, you already have one task on your list checked off. And, Wisegirl, we both know you need someone with natural troublemaker abilities," I argued knowing she was trapped. Without me, she wouldn't get half the stuff marked off.

   Annabeth seemed to notice and rolled her eyes, "Fine. I also want to do a few other things..."

   After 20 minutes and some extreme bickering about my horrible spelling and grammar, we finally agreed on a rough draft of the list:

Operation make Annabeth at least half as cool as Percy:

1. Ditch school for a day
2. Go to prom
3. Perform a senior prank
4. Fall in love (try not to make it Percy though. I know it will be hard because he's so great...)
5. Go skinny dipping  (aka make Annabeth scandalous)
6. Pull an all nighter
7. Have a mukbang
8. Learn to cook a cool meal
9. Say yes to everything for one day
10. Wear something risky to school

     "Really? Did you have to make that the title," she raised her eyebrow as a deep scowl takes over her face.

    "You know it's true," I retorted.

   Despite Annabeth's protests to my added comments in parenthesis, she finally agreed on the draft.

"I might want to add a few more things," she says as she reads through the list. Her eyebrows furrowed together as her gaze turned from bright to focused.

"This is good enough for a start. If you have anymore stuff to add later, we can put it on," I replied, reccomending that she doesn't overdue herself.

  "Okay, so when do we start?" She asked, while I sent the list to her phone.

   "I'll pick you up after swim tomorrow for our first task. You better be ready, Annabeth Chase. I'm about to make your whole life in a single semester," I said trying to feign confidence. Truthfully, I had no idea how to teach a good girl to go (slightly) bad.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Finally, a chapter dedicated to our favorite guy, Percy!

Follow, like, or comment if you enjoyed!