Reed and Micah

You hurriedly walked down the gravel path until you arrived at the stable. You looked around but didn't see Reed anywhere.

You ventured inside and walked down the row of stalls, searching for the boy.

"Reed?" You called out as you scanned the stables.

A head poked up from behind a stable door, "(Y/n)?"

You smiled and waved as he came over to you, "What are you doing here?"

Your smile faltered, "Um, well, I was hoping you could answer a few of my questions..."

He looked at you quizzically before nodding his head. He pulled over a barrel for you to sit on before looking back at you, "What's your question?"

You thought for a moment, "You said I didn't look like myself earlier. What does that mean?"

He furrowed his brow for a second, "Well. Your eyes usually shine, like there's diamonds in them," He make circles around his eyes with his fingers, "And when you smile its genuine, but now it looks sad." He pushed the corners of your lips up and down.

"Why is that?" You asked.

He crossed his arms, "I think the princes did something to you. You seem more docile now (Y/n)." He looked at you worriedly, "There use to be emotion in your actions, but now your acting like a pet for them. I don't want to see you like that."

"Pet..." The word left a disgusting taste in your mouth.

He nodded, "It's not like you."

"Micah said the same thing..." You trailed off, "Reed. Why does Micah call me Angel?"

His eyes widened and he giggled, "He likes you!"

You wrinkled your nose, "He does?"

He nodded his head eagerly, "Micah and (Y/n) sitting in a tree K I S S-"

You cut him off, "How can you tell?"

He laughed again, "Well, he's got the look."

You looked at him confused, "Look? Is there something on his face?"

He sighed, "No! His eyes brighten up when he sees you. You make him smile (Y/n)."

You nodded, already forming your next question, "Micah said there was a plan. What was this plan again?"

Reed turned around and pointed at Mei who was in a stall, "On the night of the masquerade, the three of us take the horses and ride away. He already contacted your family and friends and they'll be leaving in a few days."

"That's awful dangerous." You commented, thinking about the consequences if you would get caught.

"I don't think he really cares. I don't either. We all need to escape and there's no safe way to do it." He sighed as he looked at Mei.

"So, I really am acting different..." You murmured as you looked down at your hands. You didn't feel different, but would you?

Reed turned back to you, "Do you not remember your fear while we were hiding in the tree? Or how about when Aiden and Connor had their swords at Micah's throat? When you saw them standing over me, thinking I was dead?"

Panic and anger flashed across your face, "It's like its buried under something. Its faint but there."

He looked at you hopefully, "When the princes told you about the masquerade for the first time? You seemed really angry after that. How about our riding lesson? Your fear when you told me to be ready to leave the castle at a moments notice?"