Alternate Ending

You slowed down as you made your way into the forest. You scanned the trees for any signs that Reed was there.

Come on (Y/n)...Think! Reed needs you!

You slowed to a stop and looked around. It didn't make sense for Reed to come the way you had since he was near the opposite end of the castle. You turned to your left and ran that way.

You cut through the village, dodging stands and people who were still wandering around.

Reed...I'll find you.

You could see the forest on the other side of the village, and you pushed yourself to make it. Guards were everywhere in the village and the sooner you left, the better.

You crashed through the trees and stopped for a moment to catch your breath. Where was the most probable place that Reed would be...

You glanced around before you started heading back in the direction of the palace. You'd run into him this way...hopefully. Walking through the forest, you glanced around for any sign of the blonde boy.

"Reed?" You called out as you wound around the trees and ducked under low branches.

Your ears picked up the sound of hooves and you darted behind a tree. Looking around wildly, you grabbed a branch and hoisted yourself up. You peered around to try to see who it was, but the leaves blocked your view.

You held your breath as you saw them pass underneath you and your heart sped up. Without thinking, you hopped to the ground next to them.

"Reed!" You yelled as you tried to regain your balance.

He turned around, his eyes wide, "(Y/n)?! What are you doing over here!?"

You gave a small smile, "I'll tell you later. I'm just really glad your safe."

He jumped off the horse and came towards you, "What do you mean? I've been fine the entire time."

You pulled him into a hug, "I just...had a hunch that something bad might've happened. I'm glad I was wrong." You glanced down to see a sword hanging at his side. "Where did you get that?"

He followed your gaze and smiled sheepishly, "A guard kind of saw me. I told him I was out looking for you, but that I needed a weapon in case you tried to fight back. He gave me it." His eyes shone with pride.

You sighed, "I thought you'd ran into real trouble for a second."

He wrapped his arms around you, "You worry too much. The plan worked though! We're free! We're-"

A twig snapped and both of you turned around, your eyes widening.

"You're...? Please finish your sentence." Connor growled as he looked at the two of you angrily.

You felt Reed grab your hand, but you didn't dare look away from the twins.

Aiden leaned forward, smirking, "Why, I'd say they're shocked to see us." He tilted his head, "I guess your plan didn't work as much as you'd thought."

You pulled Reed behind you, "Go away."

Connor raised his eyebrows, "That's rather rude dear. You just ran away and made fools out of us in front of all our guests and now you're being cold?" He shook his head.

"I ran away because I don't want to be with you two. You're crazy!" Your grip on Reed tightened as you watched their faces grow cold.

"We've only done what you've made us do, dear." Aiden scowled. "Now are you going to come with us, or do we have to kill the child to persuade you?"