Fifteen

The sky is dark, rain is threatening to pour any moment as if the sky is also mourning with the loss of a dear one.

People wearing black suits and dresses come to sympathize with the Kims. They gather in front of Luella's house, where a huge tree stood beside the old woman's tomb.

Everyone is saying their deepest condolences, showing concerns and offering comforts to the family.

Tianna and Joseph are busy thanking their friends and relatives for coming, both trying to mask their sadness while their three children stand in front of Luella's tomb.

Taehyung silently stands in between his hyungs, eyes red and tired from crying. His heart still refuses to accept his grandmother's death as if everything that happens is only a nightmare, wishing that he'll soon wake up and see his grandma alive and happy again.

He bit his lower lip, trying his best not to break in tears as memories flash in his mind.

Namjoon felt the youngest's urge to cry. He lifted his hand to touch Tae's shoulder, caressing and comforting. Jin did the same, letting Tae know that it's okay to cry 'cause they have his back.

Taehyung bowed his head, tears streaming down his face, feeling a sharp pain in his heart like a knife piercing him deeply.

The rain starts to fall and the sky turns darker adding to the gloomy feeling surrounding the forest.

Tianna and Joseph ushered the guests inside the house for shelter as the rain began to fall hard. Namjoon and Jin tried taking Taehyung inside, but the latter refuses, not caring to be drenched by the rain.

The hyungs sighed, allowing Taehyung to have a moment on his own and a time to let out his feelings and agonies. They walked inside the house, thinking of preparing a hot chocolate and a blanket to warm him up, once he comes inside.

Taehyung just stands in the middle of the rain, his vision getting blurry from tears as he lets himself be drowned in sorrow.

A lightning struck down, painting the dark sky with streaks of white and a thunderous sound followed.

Taehyung flinched, eyes darting heavenward only to see dark clouds. He lets the heavy rain pour down his face, washing his tears away.

Closing his eyes, Taehyung thinks of his grandmother ascending in heaven where she can no longer feel any pain. He envisioned her smiling at him, a contented smile that takes away all his worries.

Please be happy, grandma.

The blonde feels his nerves calm down as he listens to the sound of the rain falling heavier. He slowly opens his eyes after a moment of serenity, finally having the courage to accept reality.

Taehyung stares at the tomb one more time, eventually deciding to go inside the house. He turns to walk away, but suddenly stops when his vision caught sight of a shadow of a man standing behind a huge tree meters away from where he is.

He blinks, trying to get a hold of the man's face, the darkness not really helping him.

"Tae."

The blonde flinched at the sudden tap on his shoulder from the back. Tearing his gaze from the unkown figure, he turns his head to look at the man standing beside him with a huge umbrella sheltering both of them from rain.

"B-bogumie hyung?" Taehyung whispered, not expecting his former best friend to show up.

"Let's get you inside. You'll get sick if you continue doing this." Bogum's voice is laced with concern as he held Taehyung by the shoulder, guiding him inside the house.