Twenty Four

Jungkook opened the door leading to the throne room. His eyes immediately landed on Yugyeom who quickly stands upon seeing him.

"Alpha." Yugyeom greeted, bowing his head a little as a courtesy.

Jungkook nodded his head as an acknowledgement before taking his seat on the throne, his loyal subordinates sitting in circle.

There are six men inside the throne room except for the alpha, four of which came from their base in the city lead by Yugyeom, Bambam, Mark, and JB. The remaining two are Hoseok and Jackson, Jungkook's most trusted men.

"Report." the alpha ordered, voice firm and low.

Yugyeom nodded his head before speaking, "The rogues have tried attacking our base again the other night when I was away doing what you asked me to do. Fortunately, the others were able to hold them down quick." He said in a serious voice.

Jungkook poked his inner cheek with his tongue, annoyed at the rogues' persistence to destroy his pack.

"Do we have casualties?" Jungkook asked, his voice getting deeper by the minute.

"None, only wounded ones." Yugyeom assured making everyone in the room feel relieved.

"Good. Make sure everyone who got hurt will recover fast by giving them everything they need. " the alpha praised, satisfied with everything he has heard so far.

"What about the thing I asked you to do?" He continued, finally getting to the main reason why the four men are there.

Yugyeom gazed over Bambam who took out a folded piece of paper from his pocket. He quickly unfolds it, revealing a picture.

"We have seen these flyers being handed to the people in the central." Bambam gave the paper to Jungkook who instantly recognized the man in the picture with his blonde hair and brown eyes.

"There were a lot of people giving that away, making it easy for us to track down his family

"There were a lot of people giving that away, making it easy for us to track down his family." Mark added.

The alpha stared at the man in the picture whose face is glowing with happiness. His eyes are sparkling with joy and for a moment, Jungkook finds himself mesmerized by those brown eyes and captivating smile that he hasn't seen ever since the human came to their pack.

"So he can smile like this." Jungkook subconsciously muttered, unaware that he said those words out loud.

Hoseok silently watched his alpha's face, keeping to himself how Jungkook's eyes turned soft for a while.

"What have you found out?" Jungkook lifted his head, folding the paper again.

"We haven't found anything significant yet. However, his family are all humans, that's for sure." Yugyeom reassured the alpha.

"If that's the case, he's also a human." Hoseok stated, his eyes looking over Jungkook.

"Then how was he able to keep my mark?" Jungkook asked, annoyance back in his voice.