Forty Two

Getting back on their feet and rebuilding everything they lost is a difficult task.

Not everyone was able to get through the trauma and pain the chaos had brought to their lives.

It was painful.

Living everyday knowing that you can't be with your loved one again.

Remembering how they died right in front of your eyes but all you could do was watch.

Fighting through loneliness and just letting yourself be carried away by the passing of time because you don't have a choice.

Because you know the harsh truth that the world won't stop for you.

That no matter how much you bask in the pain and the loneliness that keeps on knocking to your now stoned heart, the world will continue to revolve with you in it.

Whether you're happy or broken, the world won't give a damn.

This is the truth that Jungkook learns to accept... because he has to.

He stood back on his feet, helping his pack get back on track. He worked nonstop everyday, setting aside all emotions like a robot who has no feelings at all.

They left their shattered home, letting the fire consume everything down together with the happy and painful memories they wish to leave behind.

Their dead loved ones and comrades were given proper burial as the whole place was then again filled with mournful cries and goodbyes.

Everyone wants to move on from the pain, deciding to finally leave the place and find new home somewhere else.

A place where they can start over and regain their shattered pride and honor, and finally heal all the wounds of the past.

With the help of his men, the alpha was able to build their new lair, deep within the northern part of the forest, away from all the other packs.

It was hard.

Day after day, they feel like giving up and surrendering because fate seems to be working against them.

But they continued and thrived with a goal in mind.

As days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months, Jungkook and his men slowly began to see the seed of their hardwork.

Although they are still far from being truly healed, they're making a progress even in the littlest ways.

"Jungkook."

The alpha, who's in the middle of a short nap he finally was able to get after a while, slowly opened his tired eyes.

He saw Yoongi standing in front of him, eyes soft and sympathetic to see how Jungkook's physique looks thinner, his eyes tired and lifeless.

Jungkook rubbed his eyes, trying to wipe away the sleepiness he's feeling.

"What is it?" He murmurs, voice sounded hoarse.

"Hoseok and the others are already set to go. Do you have anything else you want to tell them before they leave?" Yoongi stated, eyes fixated on the alpha who slowly stood from his throne.

Jungkook just nodded his head, steps are fast but certain as he walks out of the throne room with Yoongi following behind. They walked in silence, with a bit of a tension between them.

After the catastrophic thing that happened, Jungkook demanded to know the truth from Yoongi.

In the beginning, Jungkook felt betrayed, both by Yoongi and Jimin for not telling him anything about Taehyung's true identity.