thirty

Dylan waves goodbye to Derek and is tackled by another hug from Liam.

       "See you next Christmas, little dude!" Dylan smiles and waves to him as well. Lily and Emmy had already gone home but Lauren and Kathy were still here.

       "See you guys later," says Dylan to them. Sawyer waves and they get in his car.

        "I still find it weird that you're driving me around in the car that my mom gave me, for when I get my license." Sawyer laughs and pulls out of the mall parking lot.

       "What am I supposed to do, have my car flown in from Cali?" Dylan snorts.

       "That would sure be interesting." They're both silent for a minute, Dylan gazing out his window. He noticed earlier that even though it was summer Sawyer had chosen to wear a hoodie, probably to cover the bandages on his wrists.

       "I find it weird how I know Lily and you know Derek and Derek's boyfriend is friends with Lily's friends. It's even weirder that neither of us knew this before we started dating." Dylan smiles.

       "It really is a small world."

>><<

"Hey mom," calls Dylan as Sawyer and him walk into the house. She looks up from her laptop, sitting at the counter.

"Hi, you two! You were gone for a while, I'm shocked!" Dylan laughs quietly.

"I know, not only did I leave the house but I actually hung out with people."

"It's like I don't even know you!" Sawyer smiles at them, sitting across from his mom at the counter. "Who were you hanging out with?"

"A lot of people, actually. First I met up with Sawyer's friend Lily who had three other girls, Kathy, Emmy, and Lauren, with her who were cool. When we were walking around we ran into Sawyer's other friends Sammy and Damon who were with Derek and Liam. Isn't that weird?" His mom looks a bit confused.

"How does Sawyer know those people?" Sawyer laughs, watching Dylan explain this all over again.

"He met them when he visited a while ago and they're at my school."

"And how are they linked to Derek and Liam?"

"Damon and Sammy are Liam's friends." She nods, content with his answers.

"I'm glad to hear that you're making friends!" Dylan smiles at her.

"Yeah, I guess I am." Dylan thinks about it for a bit, slightly overwhelmed. "It's weird. I never would've left my room or met them without Sawyer."

"I guess you can thank me for bringing him here, then." Sawyer grins at them from the counter.

"I truly am pretty great." Dylan snorts and shoves him. "Wow, rude! Love you too."

"Oh, shush." Dylan's mom raises her eyebrows at the two of them.

"So are you guys finally dating?" Sawyer snorts and Dylan blushes.

"Finally? What are we, objects? Yeah, though, we are dating." She smiles and punches Dylan's shoulder.

"Finally!"

>><<

"You know, you're really helping me out." Dylan stares at Sawyer a bit awkwardly.

"How? I mean, you're the one who made me feel like I was actually important after you caught me cutting."

"Well, I never would've had the confidence to come out to my mom or to talk to any of the people you introduced me to. Without you, I'd just go back to school and be the weirdo again. I'd just be more depressed."

"Well, they're lucky they met you, Dy. You're a really cool dude, and I'm glad to call you my boyfriend."

"Really? I mean, you just seem so much more perfect than I could ever be." Sawyer smiles and kisses Dylan quickly.

"I think you've got it backwards, sweetie." Dylan laughs, remembering when Sawyer calling him that drove him insane.

"I love you, stupid."

>><<

tysm for reading Summer! there will be a prologue and a special Christmas part! you can read more about Liam and Derek in my other story two weeks! ty for reading!