epilogue

"Fuck, where is my phone?" Sawyer paces around his room quickly, panicked.

        "Chill out, it's right here. Your flight's in an hour anyways. What, so desperate to escape me?" Sawyer rolls his eyes, snatching his phone from Dylan's hand.

       "You know I'd give anything to stay here instead." Dylan kisses him sadly, he'd always hated goodbyes.

        "Yeah, but it'll be good for you to see your parents again. I'm so glad that your mom really was accepting. She's actually a good person, I guess." Sawyer rolls his eyes.

       "Hardly. I mean, she realized how terrible my dad was and kicked him out but she still abandoned me for six months."

        "She still reached out to you and apologized. I'm still sad to see you go home." Dylan follows Sawyer downstairs sadly.

       "It's only for three months, I'll see you at Christmas! We're gonna FaceTime everyday, remember?" Dylan nods sadly, his shoulders slumped.

        "I know, but you've been around for the past three months straight. I'm gonna miss you." Sawyer frowns, hugging Dylan.

       "I'm gonna miss you more. Plus, you've got new friends now! Kathy and you are super close and the rest of the girls like you." Dylan nods.

       "You're still my favorite though." Sawyer releases him sadly, dragging his suitcase down the stairs.

       "And you'll always be mine. I wonder if anyone will be nice to me back at home."

        "They better be or I'll fly to California and kick their asses." Sawyer snorts and kisses Dylan's nose quickly.

       "Yeah, we'll see." Dylan's mom walks up to them, car keys in hand.

       "Ready to go the airport?" Dylan frowns, staring at his feet.

       "Not really," he mutters, following Sawyer and his mom to the car. "I don't want you to leave."

       "I know, I don't either. Remember, we'll talk everyday. Every. Day." Dylan nods, watching sadly as Sawyer puts his suitcase in the trunk.

        "Everyday."

>><<

       "Flight 520 departing in 30 minutes!" Dylan leans against Sawyer, sitting in the cheap airport chairs.

        "That one's yours, right?" Sawyer nods sadly, staring out the huge windows to the runways below.

       "You should get on soon, buddy." Dylan's mom squeezes Dylan's shoulder.

        "I'm gonna miss you, a lot," says Sawyer, hugging Dylan. He leans against his chest, feeling the tears coming.

        "I'm gonna miss you so much more. Remember, if you ever feel like cutting or something worse, call me. I'll always answer." Sawyer nods sadly.

       "I love you, Dy." He kisses him sadly, squeezing his hand, the last time for the next three months.

      "I love you too, sweetie." Sawyer backs up sadly, waving to Dylan with tears in his eyes. He turns away, checking in with the flight attendant and heading toward the planes entrance. For the last time, he turns around and blows a kiss. Dylan does the same, rubbing the tears away from his face. He turns around, boarding his plane. Dylan collapses against his mom, sobbing now. She hugs him sadly.

        "It's only temporary, baby. He'll call you the second he's home and everyday after that. You'll see him at Christmas and school starts next week!" Dylan sighs, rubbing away his tears quickly.

       "I just wish I could see him everyday, forever."

>><<

A knock sounds on Dylan's door. He gets up from the couch sadly and opens it.

      "Hey, you okay?" Kathy stands in the doorway, wearing a t shirt and jeans. A baseball cap covers her long brown hair. He shrugs and guides her to the couch.

       "I don't know. I mean, he only left two hours ago so I'm not that upset because I've gone much longer than that without seeing him. It's just the idea that I'm not gonna see him til Christmas that's making me sad." Kathy shakes her head and hugs Dylan.

        "I'm sorry, Dylan. I'm sure he'll make it home easily and he'll call you right when he does."

       "Yeah, but what if he doesn't?" Horrible thoughts of Sawyer's plane plummeting to the ground plague his mind.

       "That's just your anxiety talking. He'll be fine. Now, come on, let's get you distracted." He nods as she turns on the TV. She turns on some movie but turns to him.

       "You really think it'll all be okay?" She nods and hugs him again.

      "I really do. You'll talk to him everyday and see him for a week at Christmas. Dy, he really loves you." Dylan nods and leans against her sadly.

       "Thanks for being such a good friend, Kaths." She smiles and nods.

       "Of course. It's all gonna be good and okay, Dy. Just wait til Christmas." He nods and smiles.

Christmas.