christmas

"I can't believe I'm actually seeing him today!" Dylan is just about jumping from excitement. Kathy and Lily sit on his couch, laughing at his insanity.

       "You really are obsessed with him." Dylan gives Lily the finger, scrunching up his face at her but he's too happy to actually be annoyed.

        "I've only ever talked to him through FaceTime for the last three months! Christmas did not come fast enough!" Kathy rolls her eyes at him but he can see that she's happy.

       "He'll be here any minute." Dylan paces back and forth, beyond excited. Suddenly, a knock on the door awakens him from his excitement. He's at the door in less than a second, vibrating with anticipation. He rips it open, beyond ecstatic.

        "Oh my god," whispers Sawyer, pure joy covering his face. Dylan collapses into his arms, feeling the happiest he'd ever felt. "I missed you so fucking much, Dy." Dylan's mom scoots past them and into the house.

       "You don't even understand how long I've waited for this day," whispers Dylan, feeling like he might just cry out of joy.

       "Three months and thirteen days?" Sawyer kisses Dylan happily. "I've had a countdown set up."

     "Come inside, stupid. It's the middle of December!" Sawyer walks into Dylan's warm, heated house.

        "Wow. I missed this place! It's exactly how I remember it."

       "Yes, my house hasn't changed much in three months." Dylan's mom rolls her eyes with a laugh. Just about everyone, his mom and his friends, were annoyed by his happiness. He'd been hyper and giddy with excitement for the past week.

       "I'm so happy to see you," Dylan laughs, sitting next to Sawyer on the couch. Lily gives Sawyer a quick hug and Kathy waves.

       "It's good to see you!" Lily sits across from them in a lounge chair. Kathy stretches out on the floor, like a freak.

        "I guess I'm now housing a bunch of teens, huh?" Dylan's mom smiles at them, looking oddly proud.

       "Guess so." She rolls her eyes and walks away, leaving them all to themselves.

        "I can't even tell you how much I missed you."

      "You don't have to, I feel the same way." Sawyer kisses Dylan again, quickly but sweetly.

        "Get a room, losers," jokes Kathy, rolling her eyes but smiling.

       "Get your own house, Kaths!" Dylan grins at her. "Plus, you're far more explicit when with Lauren."

      "Shut up, is kissing illegal?" Dylan snorts at her, gesturing to Sawyer.

      "You are such a hypocrite!" She laughs and nods.

      "Fair."  Dylan leans against Sawyer, his head resting on his chest.

       "I can't believe I get to see you for the whole week." Sawyer nods and grins.

        "Then you're coming to my house for Easter." Dylan smiles at him.

       "Then you're back here next summer." Sawyer grins, hugging him close.

       "I love you so much, Dy. Seriously, I thought about you everyday. All my friends got annoyed at how much I talked about you."

       "So did we," says Lily with a laugh. Kathy nods exaggeratedly, resulting in the finger from Dylan, again.

        "How is it at your new school and with your mom? I know we talked about it over the phone but I like speaking to you in person more."

        "My mom's actually great. She's almost too supportive, it's hilarious. I'm still not on good terms with any of my old friends but Tom, Nora and Tia are all super cool. I wouldn't have met them if I didn't come out, so that's good." Dylan smiles.

       "And I wouldn't be dating you or be friends with those idiots if I hadn't," says Dylan, pointing with his thumb at Lily and Kathy.

      "Woah, who are you calling idiots?" Exclaims Lily, throwing her arms in the air defensively.

       "You." She rolls her eyes and grabs Kathy's hand, pulling her to her feet.

      "Wow, just because you're so mean we're gonna help your mom in the kitchen."

       "We are?" Asks Kathy, looking a bit resentful.

     "Maybe you are an idiot," groans Lily, dragging her away.

      "So where are Emmy and Lauren?" Sawyer turns to Dylan happily.

       "Lauren's with her family in Vermont and Emmy's coming by tomorrow." Dylan kisses Sawyer again.

       "It feels so weird being able to actually talk to you and kiss you. FaceTime just isn't as good." Dylan grins and grabs Sawyer's hand.

      "This is gonna be a really good week."