𝙄𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙮

* Swearing Warning *

  "Everyone's gone!"

   "No shit, Frecklehead!"

   The group panted heavily, trying with a desperate attempt to catch their breaths.They had ran for about 10 minutes to get to the canoe due to Dariush forcing them to go the wrong way, saying it was the right way and using the advantage of 'I'm from camp and you're not so i know this shit better bitch' as his excuse.

  The once-filled Riverbank was now empty, not a soul in sight besides from the group themselves.The five looked around in a daze, Dariush muttering little inaudible cusses and complaints under his breath.All that was left was one canoe with a shitload of oars.

  Piper raked her hand through her hair in frustration, kicking the rocks aggressively to express her aggravation as a pile of stones landed with a splash in the river and a pile of dust flew through the air.

  "They probably got the emergency signal and went back to camp," Alex stated and Piper nodded her head in agreement, recalling the night before where a few counsellors were watching a warning from N.A.S.A.

  "Yeah, last night a couple of Camp Counsellors were watching some news shit about how a fuckload of danger might be heading our direction," Piper said with her hands on her hips, looking down with her chest heaving up and down.

  "You only wait until now to tell us that?!" Dariush complained and advanced towards Piper, looking as if he was about to deck her for not informing them all about that valid piece of info earlier on.

  "Hey, leave her alone!" Gabriel said threateningly and pushed Dariush away, covering Piper's small body with his tall one.

  Piper smirked at Dariush's flabbergasted expression as he was launched back, almost getting knocked off of his feet.She let out a giggle and Gabriel grinned, turning around to look at her amused expression.Pride ran through his body knowing he made this girl laugh.

  The two boys looked like they were about to get into another scrap before another explosion was heard, and damn was it much closer.They all instinctively ducked, feeling jumpy as an explosion of purple and blue was seen in the sky.Almost like a firework.Then dozens of others appeared beside it, even in this hot weather, they felt their blood run cold.

  "What the fuck?!" Dariush and Piper swore at the same time, clawing at their pockets and taking out their phones.

  "Looks like explosions," Alex said while mirroring Piper and Dariush's actions for his phone.

ZhenZhen looked up and around, checking for anyone else before sighing and reaching into her Green and White H bag for her device.

"In the upper atmosphere.." Piper finished off for Alex and the two shared a 10-second look.

Piper's mainly consisted of 'Mhm i'm not that brain-dead i know what some shit is' and Alex was mainly throwing her the looks of 'I thought i was the only Albert Einstein of this group' .

  "Call them and have them to pick you guys up!" Gabriel demanded and Piper looked at him astonished.

  "Uh uh, no, YOU'RE coming with us.I will drag your fine ass into the van if i have to," Piper said, sounding sarcastic when really she was being dead serious.

  Gabriel's cheeks held a faint pink tint at her statement and went abnormally close towards her body to check her phone, only for the small-not-small factor that there was nothing to see.

"It- It's dead! I had 90% two seconds ago!" Dariush complained and snacked his phone repeatedly. "Piece of shit boost mobile..."

  "Mine's dead too.." Alex said and dropped his phone back into his pocket.

   "Same here," Piper said and tossed her phone behind her and into the water, if it doesn't work, there's no point in keeping it.

  ZhenZhen held up her phone which had a blank, black screen to show that her's wasn't working either.The group sighed and Piper leaned into Gabriel's side, Gabriel wrapping his arm around her and muttering comforting words to her that were inaudible to the others.

  Suddenly, Everything around them turned into a soft, sunset orange.

  No matter how soothing and calming Sunset Orange is...in this situation?You can substitute both those words for 'Creepy and Eerie'. Piper furrowed her brows and looked around, widening her eyes in the process as ear-piercing wooshing was heard.Jet engines roared as, what looked like, spaceships flew infront of them.The ships skimmed the water at lightning speed and they all instinctively moved back.

  "Holy shit!" Piper swore, getting out of Gabriel's grip and started to pace across the stone ground.

  "It's Independence Day!" Gabriel said and Dariush looked at him with a confused and stressed expression.

  "It's June, Gabriel!" Dariush replied and Piper rolled her eyes at Dariush.

  "He means the movie, fucktard." Piper said to Dariush who glared Piper down and began to pace once again.

  "Oh, wait, wait, Maybe North Korea's invaded!" Dariush said which made the whole group death stare at him. "ZhenZhen, call it off!"

  Zhenzhen looked at him with her normal death glare and Dariush gulped, and dropped the thought of provoking ZhenZhen.Dariush kept on pacing around and his breathing was sharp.Piper shifted her weight to her right foot and Gabriel was on her right side, both watching in amusement as Dariush and Alex argued about a topic everyone knew the answer to.

  "I've never even had sex before!" This statement made the group freeze, even Dariush stopped dead in his tracks.

  Piper looked at him with disbelief, disbelief that while five teens, teens, were stuck somewhere while some military alien jets are flying around, and he complains about not having sex?

  "I'mma clear that up, i had sex, i've had sex before.I mean, i haven't had sex with two girls at once.I mean, unless.." Dariush said and looked at ZhenZhen and Piper and this small gesture made Gabriel's insides burn.

  Gabriel's jaw clenched and his hand balled into a fist, going knuckle-white.He doesn't know why, but he suddenly felt an undying need to protect Piper, and he felt jealousy pulse through his veins when Dariush suggested to have sex with her.

  "Lay off her, will you!Were not going to die, it's probably just a forest fire!" Gabriel said and Piper made an 'eh' sound  which made Gabriel look at her quizzically.

  "Hate to break it to you, Gabe, but forest fires do not cause bloody explosions in the sky.Plus, if it was a forest fire, wouldn't we smell burning?" Gabriel didn't answer the question because they all knew the answer to it.

  "Whatever, we have to go though because bears out here can be crazy," Gabriel added on and Piper nodded in agreement, especially black bears.

  "Woah, woah!Slow your roll!Did you just say bears?!I don't do so well with bears man, i'm not tryna get Dicaprio'd up in here!" Dariush complained and Piper simply slapped his head upside, they could literally be running back to camp right now but Dariush was holding them up.

  "No one..does well with bears, man." Gabriel placed his hand on Dariush's shoulder and Dariush scoffed, shoving his hand off his shoulder before opening his mouth to make another stupid statement.

  "Woah, uh, ask Werner Herzog.Grizzly Man lived with those things for years so, check that out." Piper slapped her palm on her forehead, pinching the bridge of her nose with disappointment.

  "Did you watch the end of that movie?"

  "Did i watch- yeah i watched- no..no i didn't- "

  "Just shut up!Amie and Timothy fucking died, you know why? A bear!" Piper exclaimed, fed up with Dariush, plus it gave her an excuse to show off her knowledge of the movie.

  "Gabriel and Piper are right!Black Bears are opportunistic carnivores, were not gonna survive out here in the wilderness through the night." Alex said and stepped infront of Dariush, proving the two older teens' point.

  "Then let's go!"