𝖬𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

* Swearing Warning *

They all pulled up infront of the Sheriff's Station, and for a Sherrif Station, it was fucking huge.Piper looked around, everywhere looked like it was literally tossed around like a rag doll.Some things were still on fire, which made Piper gulp.The place was an utter mess, and Looters didn't make it any better.Litter was the least of their problems if the aliens manage to take over their world.

"Man, this place is trashed."

  Piper had to agree with Dariush on that one, it was trashed.She looked to her right to see Gabriel looking at the place and looking down, shaking his head uncomfortably.

  "Guys, i don't- Nobody's..uh..." everybody turned around to look at the Italian boy confused and concerned.

  "What?"

  "You guys go ahead, i'll...uh..., i'll stay here and watch our bikes." Gabriel said and continued to look down, biting his inner cheek while knowing Piper would go  inside with her Skateboard.

  "Huh?" Piper said quietly and confused, furrowing her eyebrows and slowly got why he was saying that.

  It was because he was scared.

  "Yeah, because the aliens wanna jack our mountain bikes!" Dariush shot back in a yeah right tone.

  Piper rolled her eyes, going to Gabriel's defense and looking at Dariush with a hidden glare, camouflaging her annoyed expression and voice with an innocent one.

  "Yeah, Looters could take them!" Piper said in a as a matter of fact, tone.

  Alex looked confused for a second until ZhenZhen and him exchanged some sort of look that enabled them both to speak telepathically.Alex widened his eyes and nodded, making an 'Oh..' type of expression in realisation as ZhenZhen smirked.

  "Yeah, people should stay and watch." Alex said and Piper nodded in agreement with his sentence until her eyebrows furrowed.

  She narrowed her eyes a second and repeated the sentence in her mind.People?What does he mean people?Did he mean SOMEONE and acidentally said the people or-

  "Piper!You stay with Gabriel.Me, Alex and Dariush will go check out the station." ZhenZhen said.

  Those cheeky little bastards...Piper thought.

  Little did the hot-headed brunette know, the boy behind her was secretly beaming.As soon as he caught on that Piper was staying with him, he felt his world illuminate.He tried to his his grin in doing so but this only pushed a smirk onto his face.He didn't know why, but he also took pleasure and amusement in seeing her frustration.

  A playful grin plastered itself on ZhenZhen's face as she reached into her bag and grabbed Piper's Walkman and threw the cassette and tape aswell as the headphone piece at her before Dariush muttered a 'Whatever..' and they started to walk inside.

  "Wait but-!"

  "Just listen to your shit and stay here!"

  The girl almost cursed ZhenZhen and Alex inside her head, but refrained from doing that due to the fact she thought of the Mandarin as a sister.She clenched her fist and rolled her eyes while shoving the cassette player into her pocket, walking to a tree and sitting down, huddling her legs to her chest.Her arms wrapped around her knees as she looked at Gabriel who had an amused grin on his face, walking over to her and sat down beside her.

  "Hello," He said in a cheeky manner and dragged out the 'O' in Hello.

  "Oh don't even start," Piper said, shaking her head at the boy with a small smile on her face.

  Even when she felt mad and frustrated, he was still able to put a smile on her face.And all the boy said was a simple...sort of simple...hello.

  "You still use a Walkman?Weren't those made like...in the 70's?" Piper looked at him astounded.

  "Yes!You have a problem?" She asked and Gabriel chuckled at her expression.

  "No, no, it's cool, girls at my old school would walk around all smug and all that, wearing those airpods or whatever they're called," Gabriel said.

  He started to imitate how they used to talk and walk, making weird facial expressions which brought the brunette to heaven.She started to laugh and grin widely at the voices he would make when trying to impersonate the girliest girl she'd never meet.She felt like he was acting more like a girl...than a girl.

"Jesus Christ, i think i busted a fucking lung!" She exclaimed, laughing again with him.

Her smile..somehow brightened his day.Even in this shitty situation.The World's dying, but their both joking around and laughing.Suddenly, she took off her headphones and hung them around her neck and placed her head on his shoulder, snuggling into the crook of his neck.Gabriel felt his face heat up and he smiled to himself, leaning his head on hers.Nothing was heard except the sound of fire crackling and the sound of eachother breathing.

The silence wasn't awkward, it was actually comforting.Piper began to draw circles on his knee, him allowing her to do that.

"Gabe..." She spoke quietly.

"Hm?" He answered back.

"What happens if we don't pull this off..."

This sentence caused Gabriel's heart to temporarily stop.He gulped, thinking of an answer before wrapping his left arm around Piper, pulling her in closer and closing his eyes, just savouring the moment while he could.

"We have to, because i can't lose you..."

Gabriel looked at the girl who looked back up at him.As if time suddenly slowed down, they started to stare at eachother longingly.Unconciously, they both moved closer until both their noses touched.Their breath mixed together as they connected their foreheads, eyes closed as they both realised there wasn't anything they wouldn't do for eachother.

"I can't lose you either..."

For the first time in forever, she felt loved.Safe.A tear trickled down Piper's face as she thought about how they might lose this war, lose eachother.

"Fuck, i don't know about you losers, but i'm leaving this creepy ass place before Cujo screws us all up."

The soumd of Dariush complaining and the sounds of a door slamming was heard and the two broke apart, immediately standing up as Piper wiped the tear from her eye and wrapped her arms around her body while biting her lower lip.Gabriel stared at Piper longingly, mentally beating Dariush up for ruining the moment.

"Fuck you, Dariush."