9

Y/N's P.O.V.

One thing you should know about Gerard Way. PDA was not his thing. He didn't mind holding hands or hugs, but he thought kissing and anything more should be a little more private, special.

"Damn, woman, you take forever." He laughed as I came out of the store. I smiled and took his hand as we headed back to the car.
We had spent all day, buying new clothes for us both, but mostly me. I felt kind of bad, spending his money, but he insisted it was no big deal and that he would be getting a pretty big paycheque after his next concert anyway.
His phone began to ring and he grabbed it out of his pocket, pulling a face when he saw the contact.

"Everything okay?" He nodded his head and answered.

"Lyndsey? Why are you calling me? I thought you were ignoring me?" He asked into the phone as we made it back to the car. I took the bags from him and put them in as he hung up.
"We need to make a quick stop. My, Uh, friend needs to talk. She sounded pretty upset."

"Any chance this friend is an ex?" I asked, not wanting to come off as overprotective. Gerard looked at me with slightly wide eyes.
"You hesitated on 'friend'."

"Yeah. We broke up a little over 2 months ago. It was a mutual agreement we were better as friends than partners, but she started ignoring me a few weeks ago." He explained and we got in the car. He started the engine immediately.
"Mikey said she needed time, but, I don't know. If you're not comfortable with meeting her, then you don't have to, I guess."

"Gerard, you're still my best friend, boyfriend or not." He blushed.
"It's fine, I get it. I'd love to meet her."

"You're the best." He said and I shrugged as he suddenly parked the car outside of Starbucks. We went inside and Gerard walked over to a stunningly beautiful black haired woman.
"Hey, Lyndsey. This is Y/N, I'm just going to grab us drinks."

"Uh, sit down, I guess." She said with a small smile.
"Wait, are you that Y/N?"

"Yeah." I laughed a little.

"Wow, Gee and Mikes adore you. It's amazing you're okay, wow." She smiled and she just had friendly vibes.
"It's awesome to meet you."

"You too." I smiled and tears built up in her eyes.
"Woah, hey. It's okay, what's wrong?"

"Gerard is gonna hate me." She said and I moved to sit next to her, glancing over at Gerard, who was talking to the barista.

"I'm sure he won't." I gave her an awkward hug, before I realised something.
"Oh my God. You're-"

"Yeah." She said shamefully, looking down.

"He won't hate you, I think." I said, almost jumping when Gerard came back.

"Hey, I kind of got your old order, but- whoa! What's wrong, Lynds?" He sat down opposite us.

"I'm sick." She said and my eyes widened.
"Really sick. Everything has gone so wrong and I'm so sorry."

"You'll get better, though, right?" Gerard asked worriedly and she shook her head, non
"There's got to be something."

"I've got a few months." She said quietly and and Gerard looked at her in disbelief.
"But there's something else."

"What?" Gerard asked and she looked at me, tears streaming down her face. I pulled her into a hug and she cried.

"She's pregnant, Gerard." I said, somehow keeping my voice calm. Several emotions passed over his face in a second, before it settled on disbelief.

"You're fucking serious?" He asked and I glared at him.
"You didn't tell me? It's mine, I'm guessing?" She broke the hug.

"I'm sorry, Gerard. I was scared, we had just broken up when I found out and I didn't want you to think I was using the baby to drag you into a relationship neither of us were happy with." She said quietly and Gerard stood up and walked out.
"I knew he'd hate me."

"He's in shock, come on. I'll walk you home." I gave her a small smile and she left a tip on the table as we picked up our drinks. When she was stood up, I could actually see the small bump.
"How far along are you?"

"3 months." She sighed and I linked my arm with hers. We walked, making small talk for a while, before we stopped outside of a block of apartments.

"Gerard Way is an idiot. Call me if you need anything." I said, adding my phone number to her contacts.
"Even just for a chat. I'll talk to Gerard."

"Thank you." She said and I gave her a hug.
"They're lucky to have a friend like you."

"Well, you do too, Lyndsey. Seriously, I'll be waiting for a text from you." She laughed a little and I decided to call Gerard, considering I actually had no clue how to get back. I could walk all the way back to Starbucks, but I was feeling lazy. He didn't answer and I sighed, calling Mikey.

"I was just about to call you, what's going on? Where are you?" He asked as soon as he answered.
"Gerard just came in and I asked him where you were, but he ignored me and went up to his room."

"It's complicated, could you pick me up?"