19

Y/N's P.O.V.

"So, I'm guessing you're Gerard's girlfriend?" My dad asked, looking at Lyndsey. I opened the pizza box that had just arrived. David insisted on paying, neither of us complained too much.

"Not exactly." Lyndsey said awkwardly.
"I'm his ex. We're just friends now, but I have his baby."

"Oh, I'm sorry." My dad apologised.
"Y/N, what about you. Boyfriend? Girlfriend?"

"I've got a Gerard." I shrugged.
"Still trying to figure out if he's human or some kind of hesitant alien waiting to take over the world with glitter bombs."

"Yeah, and Frank would be his sidekick that knocks people out with his guitar." Lyndsey laughed.

"Wait. You're dating Gerard?" My asked asked with a grin.

"Yeah?" I looked at him carefully.

"His parents, your mother and I all knew you'd end up together eventually. It's like you're made for each other." He smiled genuinely and I felt heat rising up my neck.
"How is he? Mikey?"

"Good. Like we said, they're on tour with the band at the moment." I said and he nodded.

"I heard they were in a band. I wasn't sure if it was true or not." My phone began to ring and I laughed a little.

"Speak of the devil..." I answered the phone.
"Hey, Gee. You've only been gone a half hour. What's up?"

"Nothing, just had a bit of a bad feeling. Everything okay back there?" He asked and I could hear the others talking.

"Yeah, we had a bit of an unexpected guest, but it's okay." My dad gave me an awkward smile.

"What? Who?" He asked, slightly panicked. I stood up and gave Lyndsey an apologetic smile, before going upstairs.

"My dad dropped by. Actually, he's sat with Lyndsey now." I sighed.
"I'll text you the details later, but apparently my mom threatened him and had him arrested, so he'd stay away from me."

"Are you sure he's telling the truth?" I heard Mikey ask.

"Yeah, he got pretty upset and he says he wants to be a part of my life again." I admitted.

"Still, be careful. You know what he can be like Y/N. I wouldn't trust him, not straight away." Gerard said and I ran my hand through my hair.

"Yeah, I know. I love you."

"Love you too, babe!" Frank shouted and I laughed slightly.

"I love you, Y/N. I'll call you after the show." Gerard sighed, before hanging up. I shook my head, going downstairs.

"Everything okay?" Lyndsey asked.

"Yeah, Gee just wanted me to check something." I lied.

~

"Ok, just be careful, okay? I get he seems sincere, and he was a great dad to you, Hell he was a great guy, just be careful." Gerard sighed and I smiled a little.

"Yeah, I know." I looked at Lyndsey, who was sleeping soundly on the couch. My dad had left a short while ago, after we exchanged numbers.
"You sound tired."

"I am. The show was fun, but exhausting." I could hear the smile in his voice.
"I miss you already. I wish you could have come."

"Yeah, well, someone has got to stay and look after Lynz." I yawned.

"Is she okay?" He asked carefully.

"She's sleeping, but I tried to talk to her earlier and she's not opening up all that much. She's scared, Gee." I said quietly.

"I know. I think we all are." He replied in an almost whisper.
"We don't know how much time she has left and the baby-"

"Don't worry about it, okay?" I interrupted.
"Focus on getting the shows done and coming home. If something happens we need you here, but you can't just quit the tour."

"I know. We're gonna have to talk when I come back. The three of us." He sounded stressed.

"Gee, get some sleep. You're gonna need all the energy you can get tomorrow." I heard him yawn.

"Yeah, okay. I love you, Y/N." He said sleepily.

"Love you too, Gerard. Night." He hung up and I stood up, coving Lyndsey over with a blanket, before going into the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water.
I glanced towards the basement, not really wanting to admit I was dying to play again. I shook my head and went back to the couch, grabbing the remote and surfing the channels for the next few hours.