10.0 - Personal Kink Isn't an Excuse

I've been thinking of a manner in which to address kink when I came across fairytail-whatthesays article "A List of Bad Writing Excuses You Need to Stop Using". Specifically, it's something I noticed in their "It's just fiction! It doesn't mean the author condones it!" part where they point out writers write what they know which means those who write kink and romanticize said kink are very likely lying to themselves. That, or they're "authors who use outdated tropes they think are cute that have long since been revealed to be unsettling or unfair."

There's nothing wrong with kink – by this I mean the subject matter.

However, there is issue with how said kink is handled.

Kink likely isn't what you think it is, but if you're over eighteen I suggest checking out "hello, and a world of kinks" by eliade. For those who aren't, here are some of the kinks on their list which would surprise people.

- absence makes the heart grow fonder

- age regression

- Amazons and strong women

- Amnesia

- Angst

That's just five, but from the above list one can see a kink is something a person is fond of using or fond of reading.

The next thing which needs to be said, what most people tend to think of when they think of kink – well, some of that is against Wattpad's rules and the rules of other sites. No, seriously. The fact it's your kink doesn't change the fact you're not allowed to post it here.