Possessive

The dinner that night was possibly one of the strangest. I was basically a walking zombie. As soon as the drugs were out of my system, I began feeling the need for sleep, but Liam wouldn't let me anywhere near the bedroom. I felt like I was sick and I just couldn't stand staying up much longer.

But dinner was a must-do for this family.

So there I sat. Between Ivy and Liam, who held a close eye on me. There were many more people at the table, but I was too tired to talk to anyone. I didn't even want to meet any more of these monster.

I just sat still, twirling my spoon in the soup tiredly, while everyone talked. A lot of people had something to report to the Alpha, so it kept him busy. Finally, I noticed him so deeply in discussion, so I left the table quietly. Even Ivy didn't turn any attention to me from the people she was talking to.

I rubbed my eyes from sleep and stretched, walking through the foyer. I went towards where I remembered the lounge to be at. Ivy had shown it to me.

The room was dark, without any lights on and the sun had already gone down as well, so that was of no use as well. I walked through the darkness of the room to the soft sofa there and I threw myself laying across it. Of course one would think why I didn't just now go to the bathroom.

Well my lovely mate locked the door and he kept the key with him at all times. You know, I'd actually understand it better if he had locked me in the room and not out of the room. I mean, he was the one obsessed with the thought of me escaping.

I was actually thinking maybe I should stay here, with him. Try to see if I can see anything good in him and then I remembered the things that Beta said and Adam. And him threatening me. And I felt even a bigger need for escape.

I sighed and rolled on the sofa so I was facing the back of it. I closed my eyes, already beginning to slip into counsciousness. If Liam so terribly wanted me to sleep next to him, he was going to have to make me move, because I am already too sleepy to move myself.

I don't know how long I had been dozing off when my contact with the couch was lost. I was so terribly afriad I was falling off the seat, and tried to grab onto it to steady myself, but I ended up gribbing someone's shirt instead.

I snapped my eyes open in shock and growled dangerously, making him place me on the ground.

"My apologies, I thought you were asleep," he smirked.

"Never, ever touch me again. Got it?" The Beta smirked and nodded.

"Oh as you wish, Luna. I was only taking you up to the Alpha. He seemed pissed that you just ran off like that. He was pretty convinced you had ran away and sent me to find you," he smirked. I squirmed in my place awkwardly as he let his eyes wander way too much.

"Well I didn't run. He locked me out of the bedroom and I was tired," I snapped.

"BETA!" I shivered at the low growl and turned around to face a very angry looking Liam. "She's mine. Keep your bloody thoughts to either yourself, or better yet, don't think them at all. I might have to cut your head off for them," he threatened and walked over to me, wrapping an arm around my waist. I once again squirmed, trying to break free from his captivating hold, but it was like fighting a boulder. A big, handsome, possesive boulder that is.

"I-I'm sorry, Alpha. I shouldn't have.."

"No, you're right, you shouldn't have," Liam snapped back.

I rolled my eyes and placed the back of my hand against Liam's chest. "Oi, cut it out. No need to get your nipples in a twist here." Liam let out a deep growl from the depth of his throat and I lifted my hand from his chest. "I was joking!" I declared quickly.

"Not you," he said and glared at the Beta.

"Alpha Liam, let's just go," I spoke silently and looked up at him. He scrunched up his nose in digust and pulled me even closer to him, turning us both the other way. I tried to gently unwind myself from his grip, but he'd only tighten it even more.

Finally in the bathroom I got to shrug myself free from him and he stomped instantly to the bathroom, muttering some colorful words. I had to restrain myself from laughing and I felt bad about him.

"How did you know to come?" I asked gently opening my hair from the braid I had put it in at some point of the day.

Liam walked back into the room, now without a shirt. Luckily I had last night convinced him to sleep at least with boxers. I bit my lip and looked on the ground, so I wouldn't let my eyes wander too much.

"He was thinking too vividly. Everyone who were linked to the mind-link at that moment knew what he was thinking. The lousy son of a-"

"Hey! Don't insult his mother now," I protected. Liam raised his brow, before shaking his head.

"Just get undressed so we can go to bed already." I rolled my eyes at his demanding tone and walked past him into the bathroom.

When I returrned again, stripped to my underwear, the room was dark. I hesitantly raised the covers and climbed underneath them. I kept on the edge of the bed, away from Liam. I just couldn't be so near him yet. It was too hard to control myself. And I pressed the covers down all around me, so he wouldn't peek under the cover with that creepy nightvision.

"Turn around, Kitten," he ordered huskily and I almost shrieked. He was right behind me suddenly. He seemed to realize that as well, so he just turned me around himself.

I felt goosebumps on my skin from where he touched me and I almost cursed myself for showing weakness like that. He chuckled, right in front of my face.

"I'm not going to take advantage of you or something, I just want to cuddle," he spoke and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. I gasped and placed my hands in front of him on his chest.

Every nerve of my body was buzzying with excitement from everywhere we touched. I craved for more, I needed more and I forced myself to remember what kind of a monster he was again, so I wouldn't give into him so easily.

Adam. That pack. The threats. The faces of scared pack members when he happened to raise his tone a bit.