Discoveries (Liam's POV)

Liam's POV

I opened my eyes to a banging. Which wasn't behind the door, but instead in my head. My headache. I sat up, gripping my head tightly. My stomach felt like someone had given me food that had been three months past it's expiration date.

My eyes opened and I stared at the empty spot on the bed in confusion. Kathryn's side of the bed looked untouched, as if she hadn't even been there. She didn't return yesterday. I vaguely remember us fighting and her storming off, but there were a lot of blank spaces in those memories.

I was suddenly very concerned and I shot up from the bed, completely ignoring my hangover, I rushed out of the room, still dressed in the clothes I wore yesterday. I checked all rooms upstairs which turned out to be empty. 

Downstairs, in the dining room, I finally saw someone. Ivy was pacing back and forth in the room, a piece of paper clutched in her hands. She ran her hand through her hair multiple times within one single minute and just kept pacing.

"Ivy? What's wrong?" I asked, making her snap her head to me.

"What's wrong? What's fucking wrong?" she growled. "Where's Kathryn?!" It made my heart drop. 

"How the fuck should I know?!" I snapped back. "We argued last night and she walked out! I thought she came to you or something!"

"Please, be quiet." I looked behind me where my mother was standing, leaning against the table. Her voice was calm, which made me think she knew where Kathryn was, but at the same time she looked so tired and worn out. "Where have you been?" That question was directed towards me.

"I was sleeping. I got drunk last night," I answered and let out a shaky breath. "Where is she, mom?"

Mother looked up at me, her eyes swimming full of disappointment. "Early in the morning, when your party was ending, an alarm was given. Sober wolves all heard it," mom began talking. Oh please, just tell me if she is alright. I'm not going to listen to this nagging. "A little after 4AM, the South border guard, Jon, let everyone know that Kathryn had ran. He was walking back and forth. When he walked around, he caught onto her scent that crossed the border and they began to trace her."

I grit my teeth together and pulled my hands into fists.

"They're still searching." That was the last straw, I growled, startling my mother and sister. "So I'm asking you, what did you do to her?"

I looked at me mother angrily. "I wouldn't do anything to her!" I hissed, but she gave me a look, like saying 'You have no right to give me that tone'.

"Well, obviously you're wrong there," Ivy snickered tauntingly and I looked at her, ready to hit her, when she raised the paper in her hand. It was covered completely in the smell of honey. Kathryn's scent.

I snatched it from her fingers and untangled the mess, to read her messy handwriting.

Hey, Ivy.

First off, I am so sorry. I know I made a promise to you, but I can't stand it. I can't stand him. He said he would never do certain things to his own mate, me, but he broke that. He breached that line. I'm not going to explain it over this note. I would like to see you again, but I hope I won't. Because that would mean I'm back there, with him. I couldn't live through that. 

If he does ever read this letter, I hope he's happy with being able to get everything he wants again. Unless I'm on that list as well, he should be completely happy.

I'll be okay, I promise, Ivy. I'll go back where I came from and then I'll move on.

Love, Kathryn.

I stared at the piece of paper is shock. She wrote a letter. To Ivy. She blames me for something, something I don't any memories of.

"So what did you do?" Mother asked calmly.

"I don't know!" I hissed. "My memories are blank from last night!"

"You probably hurt her or something," Ivy hissed.

"SHUT UP!" Both women stared at me in shock as I leaned my hands against the table in front of me. I shook my head angrily, trying to scare the hangover away, I connected to the mind-link.

No, turn left! The scent is that way.

I can feel it on the right as well!

Crap, she is a smart girl, mixing her scent and zigzagging around.

We need to find her!

I growled. Hell yes, you need to find her! Where are you?!

ALPHA! Everyone greeted in union.

We're searching the land where her scent is at, but she had ran in circles or something. She's a clever girl My Beta spoke.

I don't care how clever she is. Continue searching! I'll be there in a few minutes.

I looked up at my sister and mother. "Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

"Not like we didn't try! You were just so out," Ivy said and rolled her eyes. I could see the sleepyness in her eyes.

"How long have you been up?" I asked her.

Ivy sighed and rubbed her temples. "I woke up a half an hour after going to sleep at the alarm."

"Go back to sleep, Ivy. I'll bring her back. And she will never leave again." The last part I spoke in a harsher tone, before I stomped out. Right in front of the front door I shifted into my wolf form and ran to the South.

I was going to get Kathryn back, if I have to drag her back. She was going to stay with me. I had only made one rule for her and it was she had to be with me forever, in every sense of the word.

What could I do to her that made her finally leave me? I have been constantly on the edge for the fear of her leaving me and now she has. Did I hurt her? No, I couldn't. Did I force myself on her? I was so angry last night that she was fighting me, could I have taken matters into my own hands? No. I couldn't have.

I let out a low strained growl, making it to my pack, that ran around in confusion. Find the spot where her scent continues away. Don't try to make anything out of this mess.

My Beta was first to react. Yes, Alpha.