Cookies

I placed a tired Belle in her crib and then turned to Michael who stood on the other side, holding onto the bars, looking at his baby sister. It was noon and I had just put Belle to a nap.

"Lets go, Michael. Belle needs some sleep," I told him and he nodded cheerfully, jogging out of the room. I chuckled and walked out after him, closing the bedroom door behind me carefully, so it didn't make too much noise.

"Aunt Kat?" Michael called and I followed his voice into his light green room.

"Yes, Michael?" I asked and went to his bed. He was to be tucked in as well, but he just sat on it, swinging his legs back and forth.

"Can I please stay up? I'm not tired," Michael pouted. I thought about it and crouched down in front of him.

"Do mommy and daddy let you stay up like this?"

He nodded. "But then I have to go to bed earlier," he added.

"Sounds reasonable. Alright, you can stay up. But what do you want to do then?" I asked with a grin. He jumped off of the bed and walked over to a chest by the wall of the room and he pulled out a piece of paper from there and walked over to me.

"Can you make cookies?"

I tilted my head in confusion and accepted the piece of paper. It was a recipe for chocolate chip cookies, written in elegant script. "Why did you have this in your toy chest?"

"Momma wrote it. She said it was her secret recipe and told me to keep it safe," Michael announced, stretching his hands above his head.

"Do you think I can see this then?" I asked with a smile.

"You're family, are you not?" He asked in a smart voice. I chuckled and messed his hair a bit.

"That's right. So you want to make cookies?" I asked cheerfully. Michael grinned and took my hand in both of his hands before he began dragging me towards the door. I followed him until back to the joined living room and kitchen.

"Up?" he asked, reaching his arms up. I picked him up and sat him on the top of the kitchen counter, setting out the recipe next to him. With his instructions I found the needed materials and began mixing the cookie dough. At some point, I took Michael back onto the floor and he went to play in front of the television.

There was a loud knock on the door and Michael snapped his head up, before jumping up. I quickly shoved the plate of cookies into the hot over, before I went after him. In the doorway, Liam was crouched down in front of a shy looking Michael.

"Liam!" I cheered and he looked up to me with a dazzling smile.

"Hello, beautiful," he sighed and looked back to Michael. "Here." He handed Michael something and when Michael turned around to cheer, I noticed it to be a bag of candy. I giggled and ruffled Michael's hair.

"Don't spoil your appetite. We still have cookies coming, remember?" I reminded him and he nodded eagerly.

"But can I have a little?" he begged, patting his thick eyelashes.

"Yes, of course. They are yours," I told him.

Michael turned to Liam and smiled a toothy grin. "Thank you, Alpha."

Liam smiled at him and and nodded. "You can call me Liam."

"Liam. Thank you, Liam," Michael repeated, before he jogged into his room. Possibly to hide his candy in the toy chest of treasures. Liam stood up and walked out of the doorway, closing the door behind him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had work," I spoke, still smiling.

"I told Jaq to go suck his thumb and learn his assigments as a Beta already. About time as well," he shrugged innocently and I giggled, shaking my head.

"I don't believe you told him to suck his thumb," I chuckled and he patted his eyelashes.

"There are children in the house, love. Tsk, Tsk." Michael ran back down the hallway and he bounced into the living room, where his toys covered the floor. I looked at the boy and then looked at Liam.

"Would you mind playing with Michael while I fix up some food for him?" I begged. Liam coughed a laugh and shook his head, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Of course," he spoke. "I've always wanted a son." When he said that he winked to me and went to the three-year-old, while I stood there, flashing different shades of red.

I went back into the kitchen corner and searched around, until I found some left-over rice in the firdge. I made in warm, while fixing a simple dressing for Michael. He was glad to eat it, leaving his candy where they were. After he had finished I also sat a bowl of cookies in front of him on the table, which only made the boy happier.

Liam took a cookie too, before he walked behind me and wrapped one arm around my waist. "You're a wonderful aunt, you know?" he whispered and pressed his lips under my ear. I shiver and looked a bit over my shoulder at him.

"You think?"

Liam pressed a finger against the side of my face, so he could look straight at me. "You shouldn't worry about a thing like missing the first three years of Michael's life. He adores you! The past doesn't matter as long as you'll be here for the rest of the time."

"It's not just eight years I have missed, Liam."

"And I haven't heard your brother exactly complaining about finding out his missing sister is found again, even she had been hiding out in the forest," Liam spoke and stroked my cheek. "No one blames you for hiding out like that. Well maybe I do," he said and I frowned. "If you hadn't, I might've found you in a different way." I chuckled and hit his stomach playfully.

He just hugged me tighter. "Now believe what I say. Because you're a wonderful aunt and you'll be a wonderful mother."