Insider

*Ivy's POV*

I stared at Theodore, waiting for him to answer my question, but he seemed to take longer with it than I expected him to. Or maybe it was just time slowing down for me as I checked him out. Built body, blonde half-long hair and blue eyes — he sure was an eye candy.

"The rogues that attacked your pack..." he began, trailing off. I thought back, my forehead creasing. I didn't remember much, because I was knocked out after I saw a man approaching me. I was taken. "They took everyone back to their base up North. You were brought here, because I ordered them to."

I stared at him in horror. He was the leader of these people. No wonder I had woken up in such a nice place, instead of a dungeon. He seemed to sense my fright, but didn't seem to object any of my mental assumes. "Y-You better take me back home or I-I swear..."

"Ivy, I don't have the authorities to do anything like that around here!" he fought. I stared at him with a frown.

"But I thought y-you were their leader," I stuttered and he shook his head slowly.

"I'd like to say I'm a prisoner here as well," he said bitterly. "My father is the leader and he is forcing me and my older brother to stay here. Although my brother seems to quite grow fond of my father's way of life, I'm the opposite and thus kept locked up." My stiff shoulders fell again and I looked at him with symphacy.

"So why do they attack?" I asked shakily.

He bit his lip and frowned. "He searches for something. I'm not sure what, but he seems to be content that whatever he wants is in your pack," Theodore explained. "Do you know the Alpha there?"

I shivered. "He's my brother."

Theodore became quiet. He was thinking of something and then questioned it. "What's most precious to him?"

His question scared me and I didn't know what his reaction would be, although it was quite obvious. "Kathryn, his mate." Theodore's sharp gaze stuck on me as he waited. I felt like someone kicked my stomach, because suddenly I was gasping for air as if I had none. "Oh no.."

Theodore scooted closer to me and held my shoulders. "Ivy, there's always an insider. Always. Someone is right there and he or she is going to get closer to Kathryn, until he gets the chance to take her. They are going to take Kathryn, Ivy. You need to warn them."

*Liam's POV*

Kaiden rushed to me with a grim look. I unpatiently turned away from the map of the surrounding grounds over to him. We were searching for their camp place. 

"It's getting light," I muttered to him and he nodded quickly.

"We picked up the scent again. They had circled the area, but their scent leads South," Kaiden hurriedly explained. I looked up in shock.

"They're near the lake?"

"Most likely, Alpha," Kaiden nodded eagerly. I looked to that part of the map and nodded to myself. It was a good place. You could see your surroundings there and there was always something you needed, like hunting animals and water.

"I'm going to take Jon and more of my men and go down to the South then. Can you please stay back and look after Kathryn? She's really reckless and I need to know she's alright at all times," I asked and looked at him intensely. He widened his eyes and then nodded quickly.

"Yes, sir. I'll guard her with my life." I nodded.

Jon, we're going hunting. Kaiden will replace you, I mind-linked and then nodded to Kaiden, silently telling him to go ahead to Kathryn. Outside the door of my study I met up with Jonathan and we went ahead.

*Kathryn's POV*

I leaned against the wall next to the window, looking out at Jon, a group of men and Liam disappearing into the forest. Liam wasn't answering my thoughts and he didn't let me know of anything. Instead, he just acted, leaving me in the darkness of my own worries.

Kathryn. I gasped when I heard that voice. It seemed so distant but it was there. She must be far away.

Ivy? Oh my God. Ivy, are you alright? Where are you? I bombarded. Maybe if she told me something, I could pass it on to Liam, unless he already knew everything.

Instead of answering, she asked another question. Are you alone?

I frowned. Well yeah, if you don't count Kaiden guarding behind the door. Just as I thought that, the door opened and Kaiden walked in with a smile. 

"Hey, Kathryn!"

"Hi," I smiled. Maybe I should tell him about Ivy.

It's Kaiden. Kathryn, there's someone working with the rogues, someone from our own pack! The traitor will take you to them too. Kathryn, be careful. I held the friendly smile on my face as Kaiden picked up a small picture from the mantel of the fireplace. It was Liam's family picture. 

"What's up, Kaiden?" I asked, walking around the sofa, away from the window. If I was going to fight him off, I needed to be in the clear not forced in a corner near the window.

"I just got ored behind the door," he said and chuckled, setting the picture down. "Liam said you were being difficult."

I raised and eyebrow. "He said that?"

"Something around those words," he said and shrugged. He looked so innocent and friendly, nothing like was just about to kidnap me. He brushed his palms against his jeans and sighed. "They're going to find them, Kathryn. I know so."

I glared at him. "You know so? Maybe because you're in on it?" I hissed. He stared at me in shock.

"What? What are you talking about, Kathryn? What am I in on?" I eyed his worried look and frowned. He seemed honestly surprised. 

The door opened and another familiar face walked in. A face I had last seen on the first meeting I attended.

"Jasper," Kaiden welcomed. Jasper smiled at him, before, without a blink of an eye, he threw a silver knife at Kaiden. I watched in horror as Kaiden's body slid down the fireplace on the ground and screamed.

It's Jasper, not Kaiden. It's Jasper, I cried to Ivy. Jasper grinned wickedly at me and approached me.

"So sorry, Luna." And he pushed me strongly. I hit my head against the wall and fell on the ground, unconscious.