Chapter 10 - Natsumi The Princess -

"Four Spicy Shoyu Ramens please!" Naruto ordered from the old man. The old man laughed at Naruto's enthusiasm.

I grinned widely waiting for the ramens, I could smell it from afar!

Then me and Naruto began to drool at the amazing scent. On my left was Naruto, on my right was Sasuke, while beside Sasuke was Kakashi-sensei. Kakashi-sensei looked at us chuckling at the fact that we were impatient.

"Say Sasuke, " Sasuke looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

"What's your favorite food?" I proceeded waiting for Sasuke's answer. I could see he was thinking about it a lot, "Rice balls and tomatoes."

I didn't expect that from Sasuke, but I do appreciate rice balls! They fill up my stomach fast! But tomatoes? No way!

"Here are your Spicy Shoyu Ramens!" We all began to break our wooden chopsticks and began to slurp, num num num num!

- Montage -

"Hey Naruto! Let's race!" he thought for a second "Sure!" then he began to what his ramen before me, "Hey! No fair!" I began to eat faster than him, choking in the process.

I coughed and coughed and mumbled, "W..at..e...r..." with my voice cracky. My face was beginning to get red.

Sasuke noticed me choking and patted my back hardly, making the noodle that was stuck inside my throat shoot out to the distance. I inhaled and exhaled deeply, until I calmed my senses out. Phew, if it wasn't for Sasuke, I could be possibly dead by now!

I cleared my throat, and said my thanks, "Phew. Thanks Sasuke, I really owe you one!" I gave him a big thumbs up.

"You should've been more careful." he told me with his straight face.

How sweet...

- In The Hokage's Room -

"So, you guys wanted a real mission?" The third hokage, Sarutobi asked us with his serious face. We all nodded dramatically in response to his question.

"It's solved then." wow, sounds like the same line Kakashi-sensei used.

"Natsumi, your highness, you can come in." 'You're highness'? Ooh! It's a princess?! That was one of my assumptions! Not too shabby (Y/N), not too shabby...

The door slowly opened and we all stared at the door attentively, waiting for the person to reveal herself.

When the door fully opened, it revealed an 8 year-old-girl who had a wonderful white kimono with a yellow ribbon wrapping it. She had brown hair tied up in pigtails with yellow ribbons, and she has bangs covering her forehead.

We all bowed down at the princess, which I think was named Natsumi.

"Oh my! How pretty you are!" I looked at the young princess and saw she was playing with my hair, "Here! Have this crown!" She gave me her teddy bear's clown and put it on my head.

I began to play along with her, "Thank you your highness."

"Relax ninjas, you can call me Natsumi!" she grinned widely making me smile back in return. "Okay, Natsumi!" I winked at her with a wide grin on my face, then I laughed.

I felt Naruto and Sasuke stare at me...

"Geez, stop staring." I pouted, it felt really rude that's why.

"May I ask what are your names?" The princess asked us with curiosity in her tone. We all looked at each other and nodded. Of course, I was the one who's going to introduce.

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N), this is Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Kakashi Hatake!" I said while pointing at the said names. They waved their hands at the princess everytime I point.

I'm excited for this mission. Just seeing this youthful princess makes me wanna scream!

Sadly, I can't really scream at this moment because princess Natsumi might find me weird.

And you wouldn't want that to happen to you right?

Okay.

We all went faced the Hokage indicating the we were listening once again, while I felt the little princess Natsumi cling at my legs while holding her teddy bear watching us listen to Hokage Sarutobi.

"You guys will be protecting Your Highness in her place for a week because her parents were out of the village, on a vacation. So I want you all, not to fail in this mission. Got it?"

Wow, sounds easy, but NOT! Doesn't even make sense!

"Hai!" we all said, "You may start."

We walked outside of the Hokage's building and felt the sun setting down, we all heard the trees were shaking making soft noises, the whistling wind, and the sounds of birds chirping. It was rather a relaxing moment.

I heard Princess Natsumi take in a deep breath with a slight smile on her face.

Naruto had his hands resting behind his head.

Sasuke was as always, starting at the ground while walking.

Kakashi-sensei reading his green book once again.

And me? Nothing. Just listening to the relaxing soft sounds of the nature. Then I felt a light tug on my clothes.

"Hm?" It was Princess Natsumi. "What's Mr. Hatake doing?" she asked while pointing at Kakashi-sensei, reading his book.

Then Kakashi-sensei noticed Princess Natsumi call her name so he looked at us with widened eyes.

Yeah... What really is he reading?

"Yeah Sensei... What really is that?" Naruto raised a question. Then Kakashi-sensei began to feel awkward and made a close eyed smile but with a hint of nervousness.

"Umm... Oh- this? It's umm... A guide on how to catch an enemy." wow, so obvious.

He's lying. I looked at him with a suspicious fave and waved his hand at me telling me to go towards him. I put my ears close to his mouth then he started whispering.

"Ohh- WHAT?!" I blushed furiously in embarrassment.

"Y-You... Pervert!" I smacked him in the back of his head, making him rub the part where I hit him. Serves him right!

Princess Natsumi looked at me with a curious face.

"What was that?" she asked while rubbing her chin with her right hand, still with a curious look on her face. I began to sweat drop, "It was nothing." I waved my hand furiously.

She was holding her white teddy bear, and I remembered the little crown she gave me.

I smiled to myself, knowing this was something I should treasure...

-----------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! (Sorry.)

I just wanted to thank
@Corgilover15
For putting me in her reading list!

I really appreciate it!