Chapter 17 - Realization -

I woke up from my own house once again, smelling the aroma for the first time in a while... Home sweet home.

I turned off my alarm and got out of my sheets, groaning while stretching my body.

A lot happened last week...

I met Sasuke again...

I was in the hospital...

Sasuke told me his feelings...

It was all about him... Maybe a nice date with Naruto would make me forget those bad experience. After all, Naruto can comfort me.

I went to the shower and opened the shower, feeling the cold water hit my bare skin, making me shiver and get the goosebumps.

When I was finished, I did all my hygiene thingies and wore my usual ninja clothes. I didn't tie my hair this time, I just let it down.

I ate some leftover food and normally exit using my door. Get it? Because I always get out by the window?

I went over to Naruto's door and knocked, I waited for a couple of seconds and heard the door made a slight creak.

And now, it fully opened and revealed an enthusiastic blondie, looking at me with a smile.

" Hi (Y/N)." he casually greeted me as he waved his hands and close eyed smiled. I greeted back and asked him about the date.

" Hey Naruto. Let's have a date." then the wind blew my hair, making it dance with the wind.

I saw a slight blush visible on Naruto's cheeks while he was looking at me with widened eyes. "S-Sure." he stuttered. So adorable.

There was that one time when he told me that back then when he used to love Sakura, he always asks her to a date but Sakura always rejected Naruto. Maybe this really is a good idea.

"Where should we go?" "To Ichiraku of course!" I should've not asked since I knew it was coming.

Of course, I agreed with him since I like ramen as much as he does. Instead of jumping our way there, we just decided to walk.

He held my hand as I laid my head on his shoulder as we were walking at the relaxing streets of Konoha. It was a sunny day, yet it wasn't that hot, little bit cloudy, yet not that dark.

It was just perfect.

Just being with your boyfriend sums it all up.

When we made it to Ichiraku, we all did rock, paper, scissors to decide who will pay for today. Woah, that rhymes.

I shot paper while Naruto shot rock. Hehe, he pays today!

" Dang it!" he said in anger as I laughed. "Old man, two ramen please. Usual." he said a little annoyed at the fact he was paying today.

I nudged his shoulder a little and smirked, " Oh c'mon, I'm paying next time don't worry." he just laughed back.

Then he put me on his lap, and hugged me comfortably.

It was warm and soft.

Very comfy...

It reminded me of Sasuke a lot, I know I shouldn't be thinking this. After all, this is Naruto, not Sasuke... But, I can't help it though, I can't stop thinking about Sasuke.

Now every time I do stuff with Naruto, it's isn't like me and Sasuke...

I don't know. I can't explain it...

There's always this aching feeling in my chest, big bump on my throat, and my heavy heart. It's like... Regret...

But it's the truth, I don't love Sasuke... Just like...

I love Naruto...

Don't I? Yes, I do love Naruto.

I'm just confusing myself with my futile thoughts...

" (Y/N)? (Y/N)? " I heard a certain blondie waving his hands near my face, calling my name with his sweet, concerned voice.

I didn't realize I was spacing out. "Oh, sorry... I was just thinking about something..." I said. "What is it?" he asked.

Maybe I should tell him the truth, but I'll only say I was talking about Sasuke.

"Just a little bit of Sasuke..." I honestly said. I mean, I should be honest to prove our relationship. He sighed and looked at me as he put me back to the seat beside him, removing me from his lap.

"(Y/N)... You love Sasuke... Don't you?"

I don't know... "Naruto... I only love y-" he cut me off by putting his index finger in my lips, shushing me.

"(Y/N), you love Sasuke. I know it. So please, don't deny it. You can't run away from your feelings anymore..."

Then those words hit me. "What about us?" I asked him. "(Y/N), I want you to be happy. Not to fake your feelings..." I sighed.

"Go. Find Sasuke." I saw him trying to hold his tears. I was also doing the same as he was.

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran off and heard Naruto sobbing from behind. I ran as fast as I could, feeling the birds fly away, flapping their wings.

When I was a couple blocks away from Naruto, I heard him yell out, echoing through the streets, as I ran and ran, wiping away every tear that fell.

I realized! I didn't move on... All this time... I did love Sasuke...

And all this time...

Sasuke wasn't the one forcing me to love him...

I was the one who was forcing myself to not love him!

" Idiot! You messed up big time!" I muttered to myself while still running and wiping away my tears.

If I just wasn't so blind and hesitant... None of this wouldn't have happened! If only I accepted his feelings, we'd be all in good shape!

And I wouldn't hurt Naruto this much!

I did all of this... All of this is my fault!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still continued running, sometimes tripping over.

I ran and ran until I had reached Sasuke's place.

I knocked over his door but no one answered. I knocked and knocked until there was no hope. So I just went inside through his window and called his name.

"Sasuke-kun!" no reply.

Silence is all I heard.

He was nowhere to be found in his house so I decided To go back outside and ask some strangers...

"Excuse me, have you seen a duckbutt haired guy?"      "No, sorry."

"Excuse me, have you seen a duckbutt haired guy?"  same reply,   "No."

I asked a lot of people til it was near sundown... There wasn't a single person who found him...

One more...

I cleared my throat and asked a random person with a shaky voice, "Have you seen a duckbutt haired guy?" he thought for a second.

"Actually, yes. He went to the park."

I began to tear up and said my thanks.

I ran for it, like my life was depending on this whole thing. I'm sorry Sasuke...

I went over to the park and looked around, seeing a few people walking with their pets and sometimes couples.

Then I looked over a bench from behind. I saw a raven-haired boy...

He looked at me with his attractive eyes...

" Sasuke... "

To be continued...