Chapter 16 - Friend? -

"Sasuke... I'm really sorry about the time that I-" he cut me off by holding my hand and caressing it.

" it's okay..." He reassured me.

I miss those times when I talk to Sasuke like this... But now... It's all different. I don't like him as much as back then. As I said, I'll forget these feelings and stay with Naruto...

No... I did forget my feelings. I had moved on!

" But still (Y/N), I know you love me-" I cut him off by shouting.

"No!" I tried getting out of his soft and warm hands. I was trying to pull my hand away but he kept squeezing it. He's forcing me to love him.

" As much as I do." he continued the sentence I cut off earlier. I looked at him shocked, with flustered cheeks but wasn't visible enough for him. I paused my crying and looked at him, as one final tear dropped on my slightly red eyes.

The only thing he did was look...

He's making me crazy! All he does... Every time... Drives me mad!

" Sasuke-kun... I did love you... But now, " I noticed he was paying full attention. He was still holding my hand, but this time, he wasn't caressing it.

" I only like you as a friend... " Those words...

Are like a different person's voice whenever I say those stuff to him. But I know... That's what I truly wanted. Just to like Sasuke as a friend of mine.

I'll just make it all worse if I still had these feelings. So that's why, I love Naruto! There's no one else in the world that I love as much as Naruto!

I was too busy thinking of my thoughts that I didn't feel I was crying...

Why...

He wiped away my tears with his unused hand and saw he was tearing up a little bit.

I know what this is... (Y/N)! He's tricking you... Wake up...

Somehow...

I just want to fall in his trap... But I don't want these feelings to go back. It will only make things worse...

Sasuke is just your close friend... Not someone you fell in love with (Y/N), he's just messing with your feelings.

" (Y/N)... I love you" he straightforwardly said. It was as if he was sincere.

I'm confused now. I don't know if this is a prank... Maybe it's true. But I don't love him now. This is the truth...

" Sasuke. Listen to me... If you do love me... Why are you forcing me?" I said as tears were falling down my eyes again. It's true though, if he does love me... Can't he let me go?

" Sasuke-kun... I don't love you as much as you love me."

Those words echoed in his head... Repeating and repeating as much as possible...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was outside the hospital now, with Sakura and Naruto in the park, sitting in a bench.

I smelled the wonderful scent, slowly relaxing while looking at the flying birds and the trees swaying around with the wind.

I looked up at the clouds and spotted one fluffy one.

There were two clouds, one was fluffy and one was not. The fluffy cloud split in to two and combined with the slightly thin cloud, making it much fluffier and making the fluffy cloud thinner. This time, the used to be thin cloud is fluffy.