The last hope

Season 2, episode 11.

Words: 2,7K

Warnings: Short chapter?

"Every cog, every gear is important. If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention won't work." Dr. Julien explains to Y/n and Lloyd, fixing the falcon. He closed the falcon's panel, "Come now, little one. Time to fly." He said and the falcon flew away. 

Sensei Wu appeared behind the two ninja, "It is like you Ninja. You each serve very important roles, and are key parts to a magnificent fighting force."

"If we're all gears, what if I'm the gear that doesn't work? What if I don't do my part? What if I can't defeat my father?" Lloyd asked the Sensei.

"Stop the "what if's" Lloyd. You got this." Y/n told the green ninja, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Y/n is right. The Final Battle is almost upon us. When that time comes, we will know the answer to what ifs whether we like it or not." Sensei Wu agreed.

"I know you don't want to face your father, but there is no other choice." Nya peered in.

"But perhaps there is. I used to think it was inevitable, but the I found this." Misako replied, showing them a scroll.

"You mean Lloyd doesn't have to fight? This I gotta hear." Cole said as he, Jay, Zane and Kai walk towards the others.

Y/n realised they were shirtless. At least, Kai and Cole were. She looked at their abs and Kai noticed that Y/n was staring. Kai smirked and Nya nudged her friend, "You're staring." She softly teased and Y/n came back to senses. 

"Oh, uhh, sorry." She scratched her neck, looking at the ground. "But have you seen them?" Y/n continued, whispering to Nya.

"Yep, I've seen them." Nya giggled, "But that doesn't mean you should stare."

"But- They're so-" The purple ninja drooled.

"Hot?" Nya finished, laughing. The boys looked at the girls confused, not hearing their conversation.

"I- Okay, you got me." Y/n playfully raised her hands in defeat.

"The scrolls say that when the helmet of darkness is bequeathed to its rightful ruler, the Celestial Clock will count down to the activation of an unspeakable weapon. The first sign that the Final Battle between good and evil has begun-" Misako explained, ignoring the two giggling girls.

"Did you just say "unspeakable weapon"?" Kai interrupted.

"Uh, I'm still stuck on what "bequeathed" means." Jay furrowed his eyebrows.

"Go on, Misako. Don't let us interrupt you. How do we stop the Final Battle?" Cole asked, grinning.

"There is nothing here that explains what would happen if the Helmet of Darkness is returned." Misako explained.

"Interesting. Remove the helmet, the clock starts. Put it back, the clock stops." Sensei Wu realised.

"And the Final Battle never starts." Lloyd finished, smiling.

"Bequeathed, anyone? Is anybody gonna help me out with that?" Jay said, desperately.

Kai ignored Jay, "Uh, that sounds great and all, and I know we have our new powers, but you expect us to get past his whole army of and pluck the helmet off his head?"

Nya agreed, "My brother's right. They're good, but they're not that good."

"I know. And that is why I am going to do it. I'll just need a little help." Misako calls Jay, Kai, Cole and Zane to her side, "In order to get past their guards, we need to first get control..."