Firstbourne

Season 9, episode 1.

Words: 2,9K

Kai managed to find a piece of foil underneath the Bounty's debris. He picks it up, beaming. "Foil. I found foil! Ah! Yes!" He starts to run to the remains of the Bounty, where Zane is working. "We have foil!" He shouts, happily. 

The others follow Kai, except Morro. He remained seated, leaning against the rock he was sitting at.

Zane grunts as he sets up a radio, "Okay. Let's see if it works."

"Say we're lucky enough to reach someone in Ninjago. After everything that's happened, is there even a home to go back to?" Cole asked, as Kai shrugged.

"One way to find out. Here goes nothing." He said, pulling a lever. 

As Zane tried to keep the home-made antenna upright, they waited. After hearing nothing, the Nindroid sighed, "And that sounds like nothing."

"Unh! We're never getting home!" Kai exclaimed, annoyed.

"So it doesn't work. I'm telling you guys, I've been feeling so much better now that I've accepted our situation. This is our new home." Jay calmly said, almost scaring off the others.

"You don't sound like yourself, Jay." Cole pointed out, as Kai was cringing behind the Blue Ninja.

"I'm just saying you don't have to freak out about it. Heh. It could be worse." The Master of Lightning chuckled.

Cole looked at Y/n, who looked like she changed personalities with her brother. "Worse? Worse!? A strange tea lady just marooned us in the Realm of Oni and Dragon. A Realm, mind you, we know nothing about, with no hope of getting home, and now clue as to what else is out there!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air.

"Uh, Oni and Dragon, duh?" Jay stated.

"Sure, Jay. We've all seen Dragons. But aren't you the least bit concerned about coming across an Oni? I mean, we hardly know anything about them." Cole said, adding up to Y/n's rant.

"Except that they like to destroy, and Master Wu is part one." Zane added.

"I'm hungry." A childish voice was heard from beneath the Bounty, where Wu was sitting. A small campfire burning in front of him. This is also close to where Morro sat, except the raven-haired boy was turned and with his back to the campfire.

"Sorry, Master, but I thought we told you. We're rationing our food." Cole told the little master, who sighed.

"Hmm. Perhaps there is some useful guidance you could impart on us in this difficult time?" Zane said, looking at Kai before glancing at Wu.

After a short silence, Cole spoke up, "Master Wu?"

"I'm hungry." He replied, groaning.

Jay laughs, "Ah, man."

"You not freaking out is freaking me out!" Kai exclaimed, running around Jay.

"Kai, baby, it's much easier coping with life's problems when you let go of hope. Whoo-hoo! Hey, turn up that music. That's my butter and jam. Yeah-ha!" Jay slides down a wooden board, before sitting down next to Morro, who groaned when he saw the Blue Ninja sitting down.

"Yeah-ah!" Cole exclaimed, before turning to Wu, "He's totally lost it." He whispered.

"Nope. I've totally found it." Jay replied, smirking.

"Still hungry." Wu repeated.

"We all are." Kai retorted.

"Be patient. He's a growing boy. At his excelled growth rate, we'll have our old Master soon enough." Zane said.