Chapter 5

It has been six years since I found a family. We moved to England a few days after Evelyn told me I was going to be a big sister. In that time I learned everything I could. Evelyn and I learned how to play an instrument, how to ride a horse and we now have a few horses. I can speak four languages and I am doing great in school. I have a little brother named Alexzander but he likes to go by Alex and he calls me Rose because when he was little he couldn't say, Amara. Tom has been teaching me how to use my magic and he says that I should be getting a letter any day. He says the letter will be telling me I'm a witch and that I am invited to a school for others like me. We've also been doing what he calls extra things. Jonathan has been teaching me about what he is good at. Dad (Ric) has been teaching me how to fight and shoot a gun. We still do a few treasure hunt/digs every now and again, Mom (Evelyn) no longer reads ancient books aloud anymore. Though everyone knows about my gift they don't treat me any different, mom even found some books about magic. She even has a few papers published in both the magical and the human communities. I tell my mom and dad everything. The only thing I haven't told them is sometimes I see Imhotep like I did that one night, he is in my head. Tom says that he tries to keep him out most of the time. My birthday is in a few days and I'll be elven. Mom has been having dreams lately so we are headed to someplace in Egypt to look for what mom is having dreams about. I've also been researching the Scorpion King since it is the year of the scorpion. The stories about him are actually kind of cool.

The Mummy Returns

We had left Jonathan at the house because he lives in the guest house, or what he likes to call the Jonathan cave. Dad and I are walking down a hall, we had left Alex back at the opening because he didn't want to come down with us. We were in some old runes. Dad like normal had his gun out, he wasn't a big fan of rats or cobwebs. The tunnels were dark and spooky. We turned around and we both screamed. Alex had come down the tunnel and scared us.

"Alex." Dad and I said

"What were you two thinking, a mummy had come back to life?" Alex asked

Dad and I just looked at each other, and shudder.

"I'll tell you a story sometime," Ric said

Dad helps Alex up.

"What are you doing down here? You said you wanted to stay up above." I said

"That and I told you to wait for us up in the temple," Dad said

"But, Dad, I saw" Alex starts

"No 'buts'. It's dangerous down here, Alex." Dad said

"But I saw your tattoo," Alex said

"You saw what?" Dad asked

"On a wall by the entrance. There's a cartouche just like it." Alex said

Alex pulls off Dad's bracelet so he can look at the tattoo, I move so I can see the tattoo as well.

"With the pyramid and the eye and the two kings and everything," Alex said

"Really?" I asked

"Yeah," Alex said

"Okay, well, I'll be up to take a look at that in a minute. In the meantime, I want you to wait for us up there." Dad said

"ButBut.." Alex starts

"No, pick up your stuff, and I'll see you up in the temple. Go." Dad said

Alex turns and picks up his stuff and starts to walk away, but turns back around to look at us.

"Go on," Dad said

"And and what shall I do?" Alex asked

"I don't know. Surprise me." Dad said