Chapter 9 It can't be true

It Can't Be True

Eve sat at the dinner table, her mind filled with thoughts from the day. She couldn't shake off the strange encounters with Jared, the mysterious guy with captivating green eyes. As she mulled over this, her family continued with their usual evening routine.

"Mom, Dad, today at college, there's this guy," Eve began cautiously.

Her parents, James and Adelina, exchanged glances. "What's on your mind, sweetie?" her dad asked, cutting through the tension.

"He has these unbelievable green eyes. It's like they hold secrets," Eve explained, trying to find the right words.

Adelina chuckled, "Green eyes? Sounds like quite a character. But, darling, you've always been one to notice the unique qualities in people."

"Yeah, but there's something more," Eve insisted. "It's like there's a connection, something beyond just seeing him at college."

James looked at his daughter with a knowing smile. "Ah, young love. It's a mysterious thing. Sometimes, it feels like the universe conspires to bring two people together."

Eve shook her head. "Dad, it's not like that. It's... different. I can't explain it."

Adelina reached over and squeezed Eve's hand. "Sometimes, things happen for a reason. Trust your instincts, but also give it time."

As they continued their meal, laughter and warmth filled the room. Yet, Eve couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something more to Jared. She wondered if her family's advice was enough to calm the swirling thoughts in her mind.

Later that night, in the comfort of her room, Eve decided to video call her family. She eagerly clicked on the familiar contact and waited for the screen to come alive with the faces of her parents.

"Hey there!" James greeted, his face lighting up the screen.

"Hi, sweetie!" Adelina waved. "How was your day?"

Eve smiled, grateful for the connection despite the distance. "It was... interesting. I met this guy at college."

"Ooh, a guy? Tell us everything!" Adelina leaned closer to the camera.

"He's got these amazing green eyes. It's like they're staring into my soul," Eve shared, trying to capture the essence of her encounter.

James chuckled, "Green eyes, eh? Sounds like someone left an impression."

"Yeah, Dad, but it's more than that. It's like I've known him forever," Eve mused.

Adelina exchanged a knowing glance with James. "Sometimes, people come into our lives for a reason. Maybe he's meant to teach you something."

"But how do I figure it out? It's all so confusing," Eve confessed.

James leaned back, "Life is confusing, sweetheart. Just take one step at a time. You'll find your way."

The conversation flowed, bridging the physical gap between them. Eve talked about her classes, her roommate Renne, and the challenges of adjusting to college life.

As the call ended, Eve felt a sense of warmth and belonging. Though physically distant, her family's support was a constant presence. She drifted off to sleep, comforted by the virtual connection that transcended miles.

The next day, as she navigated the twists of college life, Eve carried the reassuring words of her family. Little did she know, the mysteries of green eyes and unspoken connections were just beginning to unfold.

---