Chapter 10 Unraveling Absence

Unraveling Absence

Eve entered the college classroom with a mix of anticipation and curiosity. Today, her thoughts were consumed by the mysterious encounters with Jared and his companions. However, as she scanned the room, there was an unusual emptiness – no sign of Jared, Dustin, or Will.

Confusion knitted her brows. "Where are they today?" she whispered to Renne, who shrugged in response.

The professor entered, signaling the start of the class. Eve couldn't shake off the lingering questions about the absent trio. As the lecture progressed, her mind drifted, weaving scenarios about their whereabouts.

After the class, she decided to ask around. Maybe someone knew why they weren't present today. Approaching a classmate, Eve inquired, "Hey, did you see Jared, Dustin, or Will today?"

The classmate looked puzzled. "No, I didn't. Why? Are they absent?"

"Yeah, none of them showed up today. It's strange," Eve mused.

As she continued her quest for information, she overheard snippets of conversations about a sudden gathering near the college entrance. Something about an altercation and a few students leaving abruptly.

Curiosity piqued, Eve headed towards the commotion. There, she found a group of students discussing what had transpired.

"I heard they got into a heated argument with some guys from the Elite group," one student whispered.

"Elite group? Lauren and her gang?" Renne questioned, joining Eve.

"Yeah, looks like it. Things got intense, and Jared, Dustin, and Will decided to leave before it escalated further," another student explained.

Eve's mind raced. The Elite group – Lauren, Ryder, and Stephant – seemed to be entangled in this mysterious web. The absence of Jared and his friends hinted at an underlying conflict, something beyond the surface.

As the day unfolded, Eve couldn't shake off the feeling that she was stepping into a world where alliances and tensions were shifting. The presence of these enigmatic figures wasn't just a coincidence; it was becoming a part of her college narrative.

That evening, during their virtual call, Eve shared the day's events with her family. James and Adelina listened intently, offering words of caution and encouragement.

"Be careful, sweetheart. Sometimes, these encounters lead us down unexpected paths," James advised.

Adelina added, "But don't let it consume you. Focus on your studies and the positive aspects of college life."

Eve nodded, absorbing their wisdom. Yet, in the quiet of her room, she couldn't shake off the feeling that she was on the cusp of unraveling secrets, ones that connected her to the mysterious figures in ways she couldn't comprehend.

The next day, as she entered the college gates, the air hummed with whispers of yesterday's events. Jared, Dustin, and Will remained absent, leaving a void that begged to be filled with answers.

The unfolding drama, intricately woven with unseen threads, propelled Eve deeper into a world where each absence hinted at a greater presence.