chapter seven

"Ella.. Can we talk?"

Napalingon siya. Randall is walking towards her. He is in his long stride as if he is scared that she will walk away like what she always do everytime he tried to talked to her.

She sigh, she was not in the mood. But if talking to Randall will make her delay the time in going to the parking lot, he will be a great help. Ayaw niya pang pumunta doon. Knowing that Simon is there waiting for her.

Agad siya nitong hinawakan sa siko ng makalapit. Siniguro na hindi na siya makakaiwas pa. Alam niyang alam nito ang rules niya sa pakikipag-boyfriend. She make it clear even from the start. Pag nakipagbreak na siya.. wala ng pakialamanan, wala ng habulan. Thats why right now he is looking at her with his pleaded eyes. Ilang beses din siya nitong tinangkang kausapin mula ng makipag break siya dito. But she never give him any chance to talked to her.

Hindi siya nagsinungaling sa rason kung bakit siya nakipaghiwalay dito. She just end up not loving him anymore, gaya ng mga nauna niyang naging boyfriend. O minahal niya nga ba talaga ang mga ito? Ano nga ba talaga ang pakiramdam ng isang tunay na pag ibig? Wala talaga siyang idea.

All she know that in her past relationship the first caught her attention is their physical appearance, she was attracted to them. She was attracted to Randall the first time she saw him. Kaya nga ng ligawan siya nito ay agad niyang sinagot. But just after a month of being with him, those attraction fade. She got bored. It was the time she realized na katulad lang din pala ito sa mga naging ex niya. She was not in love with him. That what she feel was just a simple crush.

At the end the same question flood her mind. What is the real feeling of being inlove?

Kung iisipin wala naman siyang maipintas kay Randall. He has the look that can make every woman turn their heads on. He has the fame and the money. While she is graduating in her senior high. Randall is in his second year in college. Matanda lang ito sa kanya ng dalawang taon which age she prefers to be her boyfriend. Pero wala talaga siyang makapa sa kanyang damdamin.

"Thank you babe, thank you for giving me this chance to talk to you." He whisper. Nasa isang bench sila sa likod ng building ng senior department.

"What is it that you want to talk to me? Tapos na tayo Rand. I thought I made it clear to y--"

"Is it Bench?" He asked painfully.

Napakunot noo siya.

"Is he the reason of why you broke up with me?"

"Hell.. No Rand. Walang kinalaman si Bench o kung sino man sa pakikipaghiwalay ko sayo. I already told you my reason that day."

"I'm still inlove with you." He cut her off. "So madly inlove babe." sa mapupungay na mata sabi nito. "I'm so out of myself when you broke up with me. Can you please give me another chance?" He said. Inabot nito ang kanyang kamay.

Napapitlag siya. Pero hindi naman niya iniwasan ang kamay nito. Pinakiramdaman niya ang kanyang sarili. She doesn't feel anything.

She sigh, and after a while she smile weakly.

"Let's try it again please? I promise, I will be the boyfriend you want me to be."

"Rand.."

"Please?"

Mariin siyang napapikit. Kung papayag siya sa gusto nito baka sakaling mabaling ang atensyon niya rito at makalimutan niya na ang hibang niyang damdamin kay Simon. Ang damdamin na walang ibang dulot sa kanya kundi sakit ng loob. It may sound stupid, it may sound that she is just using Randall to escape from  reality, to escape from that feeling she has for Simon, she may sound unfair,  but if there's one man she could trust now. It was only him.