Chapter 3

Axel's POV

I left Jack's house at around 5:30, and he drove me back to school since my car was parked there. I thank him as he leaves and walk over to my car. As I'm walking, I see people leaving the school, and remember that Jayden said he has football practice. I start to look around the parking lot to see if I could find him.

It didn't take long to spot Jayden walking out of the school. He locks eyes with me and I see a smile break out on his face, which confuses me. I look around to see who could've caused him to smile like that, because there was no way it could've been me. I've only ever brought disappointment and anger to the people who created me.

I look back at Jayden to see a confused look on his face, as he walks towards me. I keep looking around to see if anyone on the football team was near me, but the parking lot was basically empty.

As I turn back to look at him, I see that he's already in front of me and he's standing way too close. But I don't take a step back. Oddly, I don't mind it. I can smell his shampoo since he just showered, and it smells kind of... nice.

I look up at Jayden and he has a huge smile on his face. He seems awfully cheerful..

"Hey" Jayden says, breaking the silence.

"Hey..." I reply, unsure.

Jayden chuckles, "What are you still doing here? School ended ages ago. As far as I know, there weren't any club meetings today, besides the sports teams"

"You automatically assuming I'm not athletic like you, Williams?" I say and laugh as his eyes widen and his mouth open and closes like a fish, trying to find what to say.

"Kidding! I was at Jack's house. I left my car here, so Jack dropped me off" I replied and I hear him sigh.

He hums, "Are you free right now?"

"Yeah, I was thinking of heading home for dinner" I reply.

He grins, "Great, want to go to a cafe in town with me? We can drop your car off at your place, then I'll drive us there"

I was taken aback by his question, so I just stare at him, not knowing if he was serious or not. Besides Jack and Pete, no one ever willingly asks me to hang out. Well, they are my only friends so it makes sense.

"Axel?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by his voice as he waves a hand in front of my face. I look down in embarrassment, suddenly finding the floor very intriguing.

I realize I should respond, so I look back up to him. "You want to hang out with me? Like, now? But we're hanging out tomorrow?" I ask, not even trying to hide the shock in my voice.

He chuckles, "Yeah right now, doofus. I know we're hanging out tomorrow, but I want to hang out with you now, too"

I look at him, shocked. This is new to me, I don't really know how to respond, "O-Okay..." I say, mentally wincing at how awkward that sounds.

He smiles his million-dollar smile nonetheless, "Cool, let's meet at your house. What's your address?" he asks, and hands me his phone so I can type my address into his GPS. We get into our respective cars and head to my house.

Jayden's POV

As I was leaving the school after practice, I spot Axel standing in the parking lot looking around. His eyes soon land on me and I smile, a really big smile, might I add.

I don't know why, but seeing Axel makes me really happy. We've never talked before Mr. Falcon asked me to help Axel out, but I've always known who he was. He was the one kid who got better grades than I did, and actually had a brain unlike 98% of the population at our school.

Consciously or subconsciously, my eyes would always drift and land on him in the hallways. I never understood why, but now I know.

I wanted to be friends with him.

Friends with a guy who would understand what I was saying and wasn't airheaded like the people in my "friend" group. It gets frustrating when you're trying to have a conversation with people who have an IQ lower than 60. I only hang out with them because I've known them since freshmen year. It's hard to get a new group when you're a senior, since everyone's already in their groups and have memories and moments together. It's really awkward to join a new group, even if they say it's fine. You just feel left out even if they try their best to make you fit in. It's just not the same. They have their bonds already, and it's like you're intruding. That's how I feel anyways.

Axel started looking around the parking lot, with a confused look on his face. I found it adorable. Never thought I'd use that word to describe a boy.

But that's the only word that can describe Axel Miller. He's smaller than I am, he's maybe 5'4, whereas I stand at 6'2. We have a pretty big height difference.

He keeps looking around the parking lot, while glancing at me from time to time. I start to get confused, and wonder if he was looking for someone. For some reason, that upsets me. I'm right here, and he's looking for someone else.

I start to walk towards him, but he doesn't notice since he was still looking around the lot. When I reach him, I stand really close to him. Normally, I would hate it if someone were to step into my personal space bubble, but Axel was an exception.

When he finally notices me, he looks up with his big doe eyes and stares at me. I want to coo at his adorable confused expression. He doesn't step back, so neither do I.

I decide to break the silence, "Hey"

"Hey..." he responds. He sounds unsure or confused.

I chuckle, he's so cute. "What are you still doing here? School ended ages ago. As far as I know, there were no club meetings today, besides the sport's teams"

"You automatically assuming I'm not athletic like you, Williams?" he says, my eyes and widen. I open and close my mouth, wanting to say something but not knowing what. I didn't realize I was assuming. God and I always tell people not to judge others by their appearances. I'm such a hypocrite.

He laughs, "Kidding! I was at Jack's house. I left my car here, so Jack dropped me off" I sigh, relieved that I didn't offend him, but I felt a tug at my heart when he said this. Who's Jack? I don't know why I'm feeling like this, but I want to hang out with him too.

I hum, "Are you free right now?"

"Yeah, I was thinking of heading home for dinner" he replies.

Yay, it means he's free. I grin, "Great, want to go to a cafe in town with me? We can drop your car off at your place, then I'll drive us there"

He looks taken aback by my question, like he wasn't expecting me to ask him to hang out. He just stares at me, and I feel my heart skip a beat. What's going on with my heart today? I think I need to go to the doctor's to get it checked, I might be sick.

He looks shocked, "Axel?" I say, breaking him out of his dazed state. He looks down embarrassed, but then looks back up at me as he says, "You want to hang out with me? Like, now? But we're hanging out tomorrow?" He sounds.. surprised?

I chuckle at how dense he is, "Yeah right now, doofus. I know we're hanging out tomorrow, but I want to hang out with you now too"

His eyes widen a bit, but he replies with "O-Okay..."

I didn't think it was possible, but it seems like my smile got even bigger. "Cool, let's meet at your house. What's your address?"

He types his address into my GPS and we both get into our cars. Wait, he only lives a few houses from me. We live so close to each other! I could walk there in 2 minutes if I ever wanted to visit him, which I know I will. We both drove off to his house, the smile never leaving my face.

------------

A/N: Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Have a nice day!