Chapter 11

Jayden's POV

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. What did I just do?

I just kissed Axel. Sure, it was a kiss on the cheek, but a kiss nonetheless. Oh god, my plan was to get him to fall for me, not to scare him away!

I sigh, cursing at myself for my lack of control. But Axel's just so adorable, it's a miracle I haven't done that sooner. Though, we've only known each other for two days, so it'd be really creepy if I walked up and kissed Axel on the cheek when we've never talked.

I realized I wanted Axel to be mine when his friend -Jack, I think that was his name- called him his boyfriend. Sure, I knew it was a joke. But the thought of Axe being with anyone else makes my blood boil.

Axe. God, I love that. When he called me Jay, I felt my life purpose has been completed. I was so happy. We were on a nickname basis, it makes us seem so much closer.

The rest of the day went by in a blur, as I basically ran out of the classroom, out the school and to my car. I knew Axe wouldn't be there waiting for me, but I ran anyways so that I could be the one waiting for him. If coach saw how fast I ran just then, he'd think I were possessed. I'm not particularly slow, it's just that I don't run as fast as I should in practice, even in games. I know I'm the quarterback and all, but running to my car to wait for Axe was the fastest I've ever ran.

I smile as I see the small brown-haired boy exit the building. When his eyes locked with mine, he looked down shyly as he walked over. I'm guessing it's because of the kiss at lunch.

Regarding the kiss, I decided to just play it cool and pretend it's a normal thing. Because it will be, I'll be doing it more often to make sure of it. But I'll keep his feelings in mind, don't want to make him uncomfortable. Consent is important.

I open the passenger door for him as he quietly thanks me and slips into the seat, but I don't miss the red of his ears and cheeks. He's so darn cute.

I get into the driver's seat and start the drive to his house. The ride was silent, besides the radio that was playing, so I decided to break it. It's now or never..

"Hey, are you busy this Friday?" I ask, and he looks up at me.

"No, why?" I smile

"Let's go on a date. I'll pick you up at 7, that sound okay?" I ask, my voice laced with confidence. Though I sound confident, I'm shitting my pants. What if he rejects me? What if he never wants to talk to me again? What if-

"Y-Yeah sure, I'd really like that" he said so quietly that I thought I heard it wrong.

"Wait, really?" I ask, as he nods. A huge grin spreads on my face. YES!

"Phew, thank God. I was worried you were going to reject me" I say, and he looks at me confused.

"Why would I reject you? Sure, we haven't known each other for long, but I like being with you.." he says, as his voice gets quieter with every word.

I smile, "I'm glad. I love spending time with you too, so I was worried I'd come across as creepy and scare you away"

"Never" he says, and that made my smile grow wider.

I pull up on his driveway, and we get out of the car. He goes to unlock the door, and I hold it open for him with a smirk. He playfully rolls his eyes and walks in with me in tow.

He walks into the kitchen as I walk into the living room. I sit down on his couch with a sigh, the smile never leaving my face. He said yes.

"Do you want anything to eat? I'll make it for you" Axe says as his head pops in from the doorway.

I smile, "Anything you make is good for me babe"

He blushes and nods, going back into the kitchen. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I've grown bolder with my flirting after he said yes, but I'm still scared of how he'll react sometimes. Call me crazy, but I don't want to lose him. Even if I've known him for a short time.

I bring out my textbooks and binders that I'll need to tutor Axe with. As I finish setting up, Axel returns with a plate of grilled meat. He sets it down and I hear my stomach growl. It smells so good.

He sits down next to me and hands me a fork. I smile and take it from him.

I give him a kiss on the head, "Thank you baby" I say as I take a bite into the food. It tastes heavenly. It's reassuring to know that at least one of us knows how cook.

I turn and see him blushing from the name I called him earlier, I smile and feed him a piece. He shyly eats it, and I almost coo at how adorable he is. I know I'm pushing it by doing all these things, but I know my limits. I'll stop if I see that he's uncomfortable, but he seems to enjoy it, so I see no problem.

Axel's POV

"Thank you baby"

I blush and nod, as he takes a bite into his food. I actually really enjoy the pet names he calls me, it makes feel all giddy on the inside. I've accepted the fact that I have a crush on Jayden Williams, so when he asked me on a date, I was soaring. I was so happy, and shocked. I didn't know he felt the same way, but I'm happy he does. We finish eating and he helps review over the material I've missed, which turns out to be a lot. Luckily, I'm a fast-learner. I always have been, so it didn't take too long.

He looks over the worksheet he gave me, and smiles. "You got everything really quick, you're already all caught up. All you need is to listen to class again and you'll be top of your classes again in no time, makes me feel useless as a tutor" he wipes a fake tear from his cheek, and I giggle.

He puts the papers down and looks at me with a serious face. "You"

I gulp, did I do something wrong?

"Your laugh is the cutest thing I've ever heard" he deadpanned, causing me to blush.

I slap him on the chest lightly, "You scared me! I thought I did something wrong"

He gives me a warm smile and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck as his go around my waist.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Your laugh is just so cute" he tickles me a bit and I giggle again.

"See?" he says and gives me a fond look. I blush and hide my face in the crook of his neck.

"I feel like a girl" I say, in which he chuckles.

"Want to watch a movie since we're done studying?" I nod, and go to get the remote. Jay sits back on the couch as I put on a random movie.

I sit beside him, but he pulls me closer to him by my waist. I rest my head on his chest and hug his torso as he rests his hand on my waist. I sigh in content.

This is the most attention I've ever received. It scares me, how fast I'm falling for him.

------------

A/N: Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote, and have a nice week!

Happy New Years!