Chapter 19

Axel's POV

I open my eyes and see that Jay is not in the room. Confused, I get up from the bed. I walk around the house trying to find him, when I hear clanging in the kitchen. If he touches any of my utensils I will murder him.

I sprint to the kitchen, but I bump into a wall. I look up and see that's in not actually a wall, but just my very muscular boyfriend.

He smiles at me, "Hey, I was just going to wake you up. I made breakfast" he says, and moves out of the way. I look to the table to see pancakes, I smile.

"I just used extra batter that you left in the fridge, so I hope it tastes as good as you normally make it. I tested the batter and it was just as good as the pancakes you made last time, so they should be fine" he says and I smile up at him.

"I'm sure they taste great, Jay. I never expected that you would be the one to cook me breakfast in my house, or well. This house. It's not exactly my house anymore" I say with a small frown.

Jay gently pushes me to the table and sits me down, "Hey don't think about that right now, let's finish breakfast and I'll help you pack, okay?" I nod and dig into the breakfast my boyfriend made.

It tastes just like how I normally make it and I smile, "It tastes really good, Jay. Thank you" I say and he lets out a sigh of relief.

"I was worried I'd somehow mess it up, even when the batter was already made for me. I'm glad you like it" he says and I laugh.

We eat in silence, and I take our dishes to the sink when we finish. I was about to grab the sponge when a hand stops me, I look up at Jay giving me a disapproving look.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jay says as he crosses his arms.

I look at him confused, "Washing the dishes...?" I say and he lets out a huff.

"Today I'll be taking care of you and doing all the chores. You go up and rest for now, I'll come up when I finish the dishes" he says and takes the sponge from me.

I give him a grateful smile, "Thanks, babe. Actually, I'm going to start packing. I don't have much time before my mom comes to kick me out" I say and he nods, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

He smiles at me, "I love you"

"I love you too" I say with a smile, as I turn around and head upstairs.

I look around my room and sigh. I'm not going to miss this place as much as I should, since it was never a home for me. Sure, it was a house I lived in but it was never what I considered home. Home would be a place where you'd be happy to go back to, and that you'd have a warm feeling when you enter. Whereas with my house, I dread coming back here because it reminded me how alone I was.

I started packing up the little belongings I had. I wasn't the type to buy too much, since I wanted to save up money for future purposes. The only thing I had a lot of was clothes. I took out a suitcase from my closet and started neatly folding my clothes and putting them in the suitcase.

Jay eventually comes and joins me, helping me put the clothes into the suitcase when I finish folding them.

"Are you going to miss this place?" Jay asks and I shrug.

I hand him the shirt that I folded, "Not particularly. If I had any happy memories -besides the ones with you- I definitely would, but this is just a house I lived in. It had no homey feel to it, and I always dreaded coming back here. I just feel bad because I'm burdening your family by moving in all of a sudden" I say and Jay grabs my face, making me look at his hazel eyes.