Extra - Axel's Parents

A/N: Thanks @YashThorat for suggesting this chapter!

---------------

Axel' POV

"You nervous?"

I look over at Jay who's eyes were focused on the road.

I sigh, "Yeah, it's my first game on the starting lineup. I can't mess this up" I say, clenching my fists. Jay takes his hand off of the console to grab my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"You'll be fine, babe. Just like you always are" Jay says and I smile.

"But you're not worried about messing up so that you won't get to play again, are you? It's about those seniors of yours" Jay adds.

I sigh, "I really can't hide anything from you"

"They still don't agree with me getting to be a starter after only joining the team a year" I chuckle, "It reminds me of what happened in high school. I wonder if I'll ever be able to be successful without people complaining" I sigh and Jay chuckles as well.

"Whatever you do, there will always be people who oppose you and will whine about it. But you destroyed them in high school so they listened to you" Jay states, and I nod.

"But this team doesn't. I've beat them every single time yet they continuously challenge me, and they play roughly when they do. I get so many bruises whenever we play, and they always challenge me when Coach is away" I say, rubbing my shoulder.

"They're probably salty that ever single basketball magazine has been talking about you since you've had your NBA debut" Jay says and I snort.

"Obviously, that's a given. Yet they still challenge the 'rookie of the century', as they've been calling me" I chuckle.

"You could just refuse" Jay answers and I shake my head.

"I'm not going to refuse a challenge in basketball. I could always learn something new, and it's good practice to play against some opponents. Though, the injuries really hurt" I sigh. The older guys on my team didn't like me ever since I joined, since Coach Kim has shown very obvious favouritism towards me"

I know that I made it into the starting lineup through my own skills and not because Coach Kim liked me, since Coach Kim is not the type of man to put players on because he's biased. He just showers me with compliments and buys me food, something he never does for anyone else. Plus, he's not the only one who makes the decision of putting players on the starting lineup.

He is a great Coach though, and helped me evolve even more. I have been acknowledged by a lot of big shots in the basketball society, and that's due to my skills. I guess it also has to do with me playing so well against tall players with my 5'6 frame. Yeah, I grew like two inches. But those two inches doesn't do much against the other 7' players. Fortunately, I can hold my own against players who are a full foot taller than me, and I guess that's why my teammates dislike me so much. They're all way above 6'6 yet I've beaten them every single time with ease.

Especially the guy whose starting position I took. He challenged me the most, which was a stupid idea honestly. If I was Coach, I would've swapped him out as well. He's lost at least 50 times to me, so obviously they would put me on the starting lineup this season instead of him.

We arrive at the court, Jay dropping me off at the entrance and then going to park the car. I head to the change room, seeing almost everyone on the team already there and changing.

They all stop when they see me heading to my locker, Terry -the guy who's starting position I took- and Vin -who follows Terry around like a puppy- come up to me.