Extra 2 - Roadblocks

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, here's a longer chapter to make up for it :)

Warning: Homophobic slurs

———————

Axel's POV

"I'm so nervous, Jack" I say, grabbing onto Jack's arm.

"This is such an important day, what if I mess it up?" I exclaim, looking at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a white dress shirt with a black blazer and black dress pants, accompanied with a black bow tie. My hair is straightened from it's usual wavy mess and slightly gelled.

"Why the hell are you so nervous? It's not like it's you who's getting married, you're not even engaged yet" Jack responds, and I look over at him.

"Exactly, it's not my marriage! If I embarrass myself, it's even worse since it's Pete's wedding! I can survive the embarrassment of messing up at my own wedding. But when it's someone else's, it becomes guilt and not just embarrassment" I whine, and Jack rolls his eyes. Jack is wearing the same thing I am, since all of the groomsmen wear the same thing.

"You're just worried since you have the title of 'best man', aren't you?" Jack asks.

I sigh, "You should've been the best man, you're so much calmer than me and would do a much better job than my freaked out ass"

Jack shrugs, "You were the one who won rock, paper, scissors"

I sigh again, "And I never win. It's not like I don't want to be Pete's best man, the title is just too heavy for me to carry"

Jack chuckles, "You'll be fine"

"Honestly, I'm shocked that you and Jay weren't the first ones to get married" Jack says, changing the subject. I shrug, not too surprised since Jay and I have been busy with our respective careers.

"We've both been busy" I answer vaguely.

"Yeah, I get that, but I honestly never expected that you would be the last one to be engaged. I was so sure Jay was going to propose right after we graduated from uni, before you guys got busy with your careers" Jack continues, and I glance at his ring.

Tyler popped the question a few months back, so they've been engaged for a while but haven't thought about when they're getting married.

It was stupid to use the excuse of being busy as to why Jay and I haven't gotten engaged yet, since Tyler and Jack are probably busier than us. We at least had off-season to relax, but Tyler and Jack were busy all year-round. Jack was managing his own business with the help of Tyler, so it was pretty stressful for them at the beginning when things weren't going as planned. But their business is really successful now, so it was worth the stress.

I shrug, about to respond when someone knocks on the door. Pete's head pops in, looking at us with a nervous smile.

He walks into the room, shutting the door behind him and walking over to us.

I look at the worried expression on his face and give him a soft smile, "Hey Pete, how you feeling?"

He laughs nervously, "I'm excited, but nervous. What if I trip while walking down the aisle? What if Franco has second thoughts? What if-"

Jack grabs his shoulders, making Pete look up at him and stop his rambling.

"Pete, relax. You're not going to trip and Franco would never have second thoughts. He's just as whipped for you as Jay is for Axe" Jack says, pausing a bit to look up at me.

"Okay, almost as whipped. Honestly, no one could be more whipped than Jay" Jack says, and that causes Pete to chuckle.

"It's really a mystery as to how he hasn't asked Axe to marry him yet" Pete adds, looking over at me.