Chapter 6.2

"What!You want to learn martial arts?"Ye Fengmian shouted at his daughter not taking her words seriously."Yes,father I want to learn martial arts to be stronger."Zhi Ruo answered without a hint of hesitation,her voice held confidence and determination.

Ye Fengmian looked at his daughter shocked.What he saw in Zhi Ruo was the undefeated determination of those in the battlefield.Ye Fengmian was puzzled,he had never imagine his daughter to ever bring this subject up.

Even though he would usually accept any request his daughter asked.However this time he couldn't bring himself to accept this one.Deep down he was afraid that he was going to lose her like how he lost his beloved wife.Zhi Ruo had a weak body ever since she was young,he was afraid that her body would not be able to take it.But he knew his daughter well,she would never give up on something she wanted until she get it.

"I will think about it."He could only pull the time by dragging his answer,hoping that this was all a joke.

Zhi Ruo was not one bit surprised by her father's response.She knew her father well,he wanted to let her learn martial arts yet he was worried if her body could take it.

To her it didn't matter what kind of response she was going to get cause in the end she was determined to prove to everyone she wasn't the same weak girl anymore.

"Alright then father.Your birthday is coming in 1 month time,don't you want your present?"She quickly changed the subject and instantly the atmosphere changed. She signalled for Ah Tong to bring in her present.Ah Tong handed the box to her young miss. Her young miss was so secretive about this box that even she didn't know of the box contents.Zhi Ruo took the box from Ah tong hands and passed it to her father.

Ye Fengmian grinned from ear to ear as he accept the gift.He opened it up and inside was a scroll.He slowly pulled the strings attaching to the scroll and opened it.Inside was a picture of his beloved wife!It had been years since he had saw her face.He had only owned one scroll of his wife and it had disappeared mysteriously.His wife never like to create portrait of herself so when he lost the only portrait of her,he felt devastated.It had been so many years since her death that he now had a hard time remembering how his wife looked like.Perhaps he purposely choose to forget her so he wouldn't feel so much pain when he lost her.

Zhi Ruo knew how much her father love her mother.Surprisingly the Phoenix feathers had not only gave her another chance but also gave her super good memories which was also why she was able to remember how her mother looked like.She was glad to see her father so happy,it has truly been a long time since she saw him this happy.