2. Tomorrow.

7pm rolled on quickly and Sophie had just finished applying the final touches to her makeup. She wore her eyeliner and red lipstick so often that it was now her trademark in the office, yet today she felt like she needed to change it up. Instead of a red she wore a pink lipstick which gave her face a softer look, hopefully a more approachable look.

The intercom buzzed.

Her office was on the ground floor, the above offices used for a variety of other things, this meaning that she heard when the front door opened and the muffled voice of Mads asking for Sophie.

She hastily brushed down her skirt, she had changed since Mads had seen her earlier that day, and gave the mirror one last glance before opening the door of the bathroom.

“I'm here!”

David, the security guard at the front, put the phone down as if defeated. Sophie knew he was bored. They hadn't had any visitors to the office and he had been sat at the desk for hours now with nothing to do.

“I was just about to ring across.” He spoke softly.

“I'm sorry, I was only down the hall. It's the end of my shift.”

“Lucky for some, ey?”

Sophie smiled at him weakly,

“Only a couple more hours David then you can go home. Don't forget, we have a whole bunch of visitors tomorrow which you can harass.”

David smiled.

“Oh they'll all be getting a proper security check, don't you worry. Now off you pop, Mr Mikkelsen is quietly standing there waiting for you.”

“I am not deaf you know.” Mads beamed, his navy jacket thrown over his folded arm.

“It's fine David, I can be fashionably late for a date if I so wish, it's all part of the game.”

“Ha!” David exclaimed, “You wouldn't know my darlin'.” He nodded for her to go.

“See you tomorrow David.”

“Have a lovely evening Sophie.”

“Are you ready now?”

“I believe so! So what's on the menu tonight?”

“Yes I'm fine thank you, had a lovely afternoon, thank you for asking.” He chuckled.

“Hey I'm hungry, I've been working all day.” Sophie smiled, she linked arms with Mads and they stepped out of the building into the bustling city, singular spotlights highlighting the streets, the evening was in full swing.

They stopped at an expensive looking car and suddenly Sophie felt like she was Carrie from Sex and the city and Mads was her Mr Big whisking her away for adventures and romance, oh and the great sex of course.

“Is this yours?”

“Yes, do you like it?”

“I'm not really a car person, I don't even drive but wow, it looks expensive.”

“It was. But please.” He opened the door for her and she swung herself in, making sure she copied the elegant women she had seen on TV; legs together, lift and spin.

They drove down the busy roads before pulling into a private car park around the back of a posh looking restaurant.

“Wow I am impressed. Do you bring every woman you knock over here?”

He chuckled again,

“Surprisingly I try not to make a habit of knocking women over. And good, I'm trying to impress you.”

Sophie blushed and again Mads felt empowered.

“Shall we?” He offered his arm.

The restaurant was incredible. Sophie had never been anywhere so luxurious. The menu even had words she couldn't pronounce.

“Well I would like this but I have no idea what I'm ordering.” She pointed at the words on Mads' menu.

“I'll order our food then shall I?”

“Yes please. But what does it mean? You can probably tell I'm not used to fancy restaurants.”

“Sophie, you do not get used to fancy restaurants, they get used to you. Plus, what you're ordering is chicken.”

“Perfect.”

“So what do you do for a living Sophie?”

She finished her mouthful of the gorgeous food before answering, she was following her step by step guide of how to be a lady on a date.

“I am an animator, I spend all day drawing and speaking to clients. It's what I've always wanted to do and I do enjoy it, but it goes the same way with everything I suppose. Anything you do for a living day in day out will eventually become monotonous.”

“I have met a few animators in my time but they specialised in special effects. Do you do something similar?”

“I actually make short films, so say adverts for people as an example. I tend to stick with 2D animation as it makes the most sense to me. Enough about me, what do you do? Obviously something that pays well otherwise we'd be at the local pub eating fish and chips.”

“We can go to the pub next time if you like.” Mads smiled, making Sophie blush. He wanted to see her again. Her stomach was doing backflips.

“I would love that. But you still didn't answer me.”

“I am an actor. I don't want to seem big headed but with you being in such a similar industry to me I would have thought you would have known who I was, at least a little bit.”

“oh.” Sophie replied. She was getting an image now, the picture had been there all along but now it emerged, clear as crystal.

“OH.”

He smiled at her.

“You play Hannibal don't you?”

“Unfortunately I keep getting cast as villains.”

“I think there was an episode on when I went to visit my best friend Jan, she seemed to like it. Seems like I've got a new series to watch.” Sophie laughed.

“I'm not sure if I preferred you in the dark.” He laughed in return.

You can have me in the dark.

When the meal was finished and paid for Mads escorted them back to the car.

“I've had such a lovely evening. Thank you for asking me for dinner.”

“My pleasure. The evening is still young. Would you like to go for drinks?”

“I'm sorry Mads, I need to be up early for work tomorrow. How about we save the drinks for tomorrow night?”

He smiled,

“Tomorrow night would be lovely.”

“Tomorrow night is on me though.”

“We'll see.”

They got into the car and Sophie instructed Mads where to go to drop her off.

“Thank you again Mads.” Sophie said as Mads put the car into park.

She leant over to his side and kissed his cheek before going to get out of the car.

“Sophie.” She turned her head to face him.

“May I have your phone number?”

She took the phone from his hands and entered her digits.

“There you go.” She smiled. She went to get out of the car a second time but Mads grabbed her hand and gently pulled her back so he could kiss her lips, just a quick, tender kiss.

“Tomorrow.” He promised.