9. The house

As the clock ticked over to nine o’clock the limo rolled through a set of double gates and stopped outside a beautiful house which was surrounded by tamed greenery. Sophie was in awe, she had seen houses like this when she was browsing the internet but they never seemed like real places, almost as if they were in an alternate universe. That was it, she thought, I’ve knocked myself into a coma and this is all just a dream. The driver got out and opened her door. Somehow the view was even more impressive as she stepped out, taking the driver’s hand.

Mads was standing at the door waiting for Sophie to notice him. She was early but not too early that she was the first person here. He looked at where her eyes were focused, it was true, his house was impressive but his old house that he had shared with his soon to be ex-wife had been even more impressive, this, to him, was a house, not a home.

He looked back to Sophie who had now noticed Mads standing by the door and she beamed, Luke had dressed her brilliantly tonight, she was going to be the talk of the evening. In the back of his mind he did wonder if this was too soon and what people would think but he had never been one to care about what other people thought, at least not overly.

Sophie let go of the drivers hand and stepped precariously forward, the stones beneath her shoes making it difficult to walk. Luke had been right to pick these shoes after all. As much as she tried there was no decency or class about the way she stepped forward and Mads giggled at her attempt before rushing to help.

They met in the middle, Mads offered his arm which Sophie gladly accepted.

“Hello, Miss Hughes.” He charmed her.

“Mr Mikkelsen.” She chimed in return, “is this yours?”

He nodded,

“I finalised the payments last weekend, so consider this my little house warming party.”

“A party? I should have brought a bottle of something.”

“Sophie, relax, it’s covered. I’ve had this planned for a couple of days now. Why don’t we go inside and you can meet everybody.”

Sophie panicked internally. She was going to meet more celebrities??! She was not cut out for this, she only knew Mads because he had bumped into her and knocked her over, what would she do to these people?

As if on cue Mads whispered as he opened the front door for her,

“They will love you Sophie.”

Sophie's heart didn't stop racing as she stepped through the door.

---------------

A/n Hey guys, sorry it's a short part today, I have been so busy with work lately (44 hours a week is painful) but hopefully I will get to update again soon with the actual party. If anyone would like to be my proof reader before I publish these parts it would be much appreciated!!