Chapter 11

Dedicated to Tsen1122, Ndarrell

Damon's pov

I moved slowly to where she was sitting.

Should I walk back to the house or approach her? 

These were the thoughts running through my head and I must confess, this is the hardest decision I've ever made in my entire life. Not even the company meetings I've been having has ever rilled me up this way.

I'm standing behind her and she hasn't even noticed me yet. With the way she's biting her lips and fiddling with the hem of her shirt...  She's thinking. deeply.

How will I call her without scaring her?

"Ahem" I cleared my throat trying to get her attention.

No answer. She didn't even move from her sitting position.

"Avery" I called softly

No answer

What's happening.

"Avery!" I increased my voice tapping her

"Oh my!" she squeaked and jumped  from her sitting position placing her hand on her chest looking really frightened.
"I- I'm s-sorry, I- I didn't hear y-you calling m-me" she stuttered bowing her head and moving backwards.

"No it's okay, I was sea.... " I stopped talking when I saw her nose turning slightly pink signifying she was about to cry.

What did I do now?

Did I approach her wrongly? Did I scare her?

"I - I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you earlier I'm so sorry. Really sorry"

She nodded and still stayed where she was standing.

"Um d- do you mind if I sit down with you? " I asked nervously hoping at least she would agree.

She hesitated for sometime before replying.
"I-I'm s-sorry for l-eaving the house w-without y-your per-permission, p-please don't h.... "

What the hell. She's always thinks the worst of me. Not that I blame her though, I gave her a reason to.

"You didn't answer my question! " I said angrily raising my voice which made her jump in fear.

"I- its y-your house y-you can go w-wherever you w-want to g-go" she said in tears.

I immediately regretted the way I raised my voice. It made her more scared now.

Stupid me
I definitely ruined the little chance of her sitting with me.

"You c... "

"I'm sorry please excuse m-me " she said running past me into the house.
She ran like someone was chasing her.

I clenched my teeth in anger.
The loud vibration of my phone brought me back from wherever...

Its my assistant. I thought I told him I didn't want to be disturbed.

I picked the call ready to yell at him.
"What! "

"S-sorry sir I -I  didn't m-mean to disturb  s-sir, b-but s-ssir um t.. "

"Have you suddenly lost the ability to speak!" I barked out in a threatening manner.

"N-No sir the I-Investors are angry  you moved the conference meeting for the fifth time"

I'm very much aware but I can't leave Avery alone at home.

I rubbed my temple tiredly. What do I do.

Dad.
Yes!  Only dad can help me.
I called him and on the second ring he answered

"Hey dad "

"Hey son. Everything okay? Is Avery okay?  You didn't cause a ruckus to scare her did you?"

"No dad. I need help"

"Sure what is it"

"The investors. I need to go to the office because I've moved the meeting for five times now and I do... "

"Five times! " dad yelled

"I've been taking care of Avery dad. I can't leave her home alone. She'd do something stupid to run away again" I said angrily.

"Oh. Why don't you bring her to the mansion so she'd stay with your mother and I? " dad suggested

"No! Why don't you go back o the office. You're still the chairman" I said  trying to make him go instead of me.

"Hell no, I need my rose with me you've spent your time with her and now is my turn. He said from the other side and I could tell he was whining "

"But dad I need her. You have mum with you" I whined

"No. No way young man. The company needs you and how about your mom stay with you while Avery stays with me at least we ha.. "

"Hell no! " I yelled at his suggestion

"Oh its not as if I'm trying to make an equal distribution of my favourite girls that you are throwing tantrums like a child. You'll stay alone" dad bellowed

What the!

"But dad " I whined

"No buts mister. I'm expecting Avery  by noon, now shoo." He said angrily but I know best. He looks like an angry child pouting for his lost candy.

"Dad don't do this to me " I tried to reason with him.

"Oh and remember to have your bath. I can practically perceive the unwanted smell here" he answered and cut the call.

"That cunning man" I said angrily.

Okay I'm sorry for the delay in updating. I didn't really notice its been two weeks since I updated.
There's no network signal around where I am. And it sucks.

Can you imagine the conversation between the most feared CEO's ?

Feel free to share your ideas.
Don't forget to vote and comment. I loybe reading em and I reply to all.

Any predictions for the next chapter?

«nini»