chapter 37

I'm being a good writer today🙈😍😍

Enjoy!!

Sitting on the bench directly facing the sun watching the Orange sun go down the horizon, giving Avery an ethereal appearance,Avery sighed in relief at the warmness.

This was enough getaway for her. The work load in the office and everything that has been happening really took a toll on her.

She checked her wristwatch and it was just 4:30 in the evening. So she just have more than enough time to bask in the serenity of the sun and she smiled at the thought.

Looking around, she spotted an ice cream truck and she immediately stood up excitedly to go buy ice cream from the truck on the other side, filled with excitement, she didn't check her surroundings making her bump into someone.

"Omf...oh my I'm so sor-" she was really blown away with just the colour of his eyes. They were so blue and they really looked innocent that she couldn't look away. What shocked her the most was the amount of pain his eyes held. His eyes were so innocent like that of a child.

She saw his lips move but she was really drawn to his eyes. They held amuse... Wait what.

"Hey stop staring I know I'm handsome just stop ogling" the strange man said. His eyes held amusement.

Was he not sad just now…? Avery asked herself.

"Oi" the stranger snapped his fingers on her face.

"W-what are you doing stop it" Avery stuttered her face flaming in embarrassment on being caught making googly eyes at a stranger.

"You were staring" the stranger laughed.

"I love your eyes" Avery blurted.

"Whoa easy there, I think you should know me first before we get into that stag...

"Get your head out of the gutter, I said I love your EYE'S dummy." Avery rebuked with a smile playing on her lips. She just met the guy and she already liked him.
The surprising fact was that she already felt safe and protected something she hasn't felt for a while.

"Oh" the stranger laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah oh" she mocked.

"I'm going to get ice cream, you in?" She asked and immediately she she said that, Mr stranger's eyes lit up in excitement. She could see his adorable blue eyes sparkle.

"What, of course. Oh yes ice cream... Ice cream" he said excitedly and zoomed off.

She laughed as he was already ahead of her walk-running to the ice cream truck like a kid that was suffering from sugar rush from too many candies.

"You didn't even wait for me" Avery faked anger as that returned to the place Avery was previously sitting.

"I'm sorry. I just got excited at the mention of uhm Ice cream" Mr stranger said shyly.

Avery laughed as she pinched his already flamming cheeks.

"You know I don't even know your name. I keep referring to you as Mr stranger in my mind" she teased.

"Oh yeah. the name is Carlos McKinley"  he held out his hand.
"Avery " she shook his stretched out hand. No spark. She observed.

*

Things have been going perfectly well for Avery and Carlos. Their friendship seemed to blossom just like the time they spent together. As fast as it seemed, its over a month she met Carlos and she didn't know about him yet. She thought of taking things slow.

She hasn't heard from Damon which was a very good sign but she could feel it was just calm before the storm.

"Give it back" Avery advised her eyes dripping with anger as she spoke.

"No way" Carlos protested, his blue eyes wide open in fear making him look like a child.

They decided to have a sleep over after the hectic week just like the other times over the month. They were peacefully watching the avengers end game until Carlos saw it fit to snatch all the chocolates and candies from between them and keep them all for himself.

"Don't test me" Avery ordered. She was getting angrier by the minute.

"Never" Carlos pouted as he clutched the candy tighter to his chest.
He went as far as popping one of the chocolates in his mouth making Avery see red.

"You son of a cracker!" Avery yelled lunging for the lunatic who wailed and screeched as she dragged the bundle of goodness with him.

She jumped on his back hitting his head with her slipper in her hands.

"So-sorry! Alright, its yours take ahhhhh!" Screamed Carlos as he wiggled to break free from Avery's grip.

"You could have given it up nicely Carly poo" She patted his now ruffled head as she let him go when he threw the bag of sweets to the other end of the room.

"You're a mental case" Carlos grumbled.

"Watch your mouth" Avery warned and Carlos deemed it fit to poke his tongue making Avery stand to retaliate.

The sudden knock on the door made the two of them freeze. They looked at each other before they scrambled to put everything around them in order.

After taming her now wild hair, Avery cracked the door open and her mouth dropped at who she saw at the door.

Richard.

"D-dad" she squeaked "what are you doing here"

Richard frowned "are you not happy to see me here" he asked making Avery's eyes widen.

"Oh no no. Not that I am happy to see you come in" she wrapped her elbows with his as they marched inside.

They both froze when they got to the sitting room. Why? A shirtless Carlos laid on the couch, his abs in display as he watched the television not knowing what was going on.

"Uh Carlos" Avery threw a throw pillow at him making him jump up in fright, when he saw Richard behind Avery, his eyes widened and he bolted to her room in search for a shirt.

Talk about awkward.

Richard on the other hand didn't know what to feel. Even, he didn't know how to break the news of what he just saw to Damon who sent him here to check on Avery.

He wasn't angry at all, he wasn't disappointed. He was sad.

He never wanted to see Avery with anyone apart from his son but he couldn't be selfish. Avery deserved the whole world if not more for all the things she had been through.

She was a ray of sunlight not only in his Son's life but his family and it was sad seeing her happy with another man. Something his son failed to give her. Happiness.
But no matter what, he's determined to support her on every side.

Richard saw the young man walk back to the sitting room where they were this time with a shirt on.

Avery cleared her throat. "Dad, this is Carlos my friend and Carlos my, my... my Dad."

Ahaaa😂😂

I don't ever want to be in this kind of situation. Everrrrrr.

Keep the votes and comments coming.

Any predictions?????